Trouble accessing cocoontech.com

My Tor browser will access cocoontech but it is painfully slow.

Doees anyone know WHY Firefox is getting an error at this site?

Again, My FireFox / Win 10 always works fine here, except for when the website has been down temporarily a few times over the last few years.

@wkearney99 has been making suggestions for you to try. Have you tried any of those, yet?

mikefamig said:
Am I the onlt one having trouble accessing this web site using Firefox? I am able to get here with Chrome browser but get and error 522 in Firefox. This has been going on for weeks and I have turned off all of my ad blockers that I know of.

Mike.

I'm a bit late to the party on this, but I have been unable to access cocoontech using Firefox for the last 10 days or so.  I got 522 errors from Cloudflare, showing it can't connect from their network to the cocoontech server, so I didn't think it was my problem. After the first day or two, I tried Chrome, but got the same error. 

Today, I still can't connect with Firefox - still get 522 errors - but Chrome is working. Very puzzled as to what is going on. 

RAL said:
I'm a bit late to the party on this, but I have been unable to access cocoontech using Firefox for the last 10 days or so.  I got 522 errors from Cloudflare, showing it can't connect from their network to the cocoontech server, so I didn't think it was my problem. After the first day or two, I tried Chrome, but got the same error. 

Today, I still can't connect with Firefox - still get 522 errors - but Chrome is working. Very puzzled as to what is going on. 

I have found that I am able to access here using Firefox V92.0 on a different (NUC) computer. Now I'm thinking that it is an ad blocker or something else on my laptop causing the problem.

Mike.

mikefamig said:
I have found that I am able to access here using Firefox V92.0 on a different (NUC) computer. Now I'm thinking that it is an ad blocker or something else on my laptop causing the problem.

Mike.
I use FF with the Ad Blocker Ultimate they gave me in FF and have no problems with the forum website loading. However possible a different ad blocker may throw off different signals that the forum doesn't like???

Many websites are beginning to complain now as they know I am running an ad blocker and either complain about it or won;t allow me to read things without login in or paying.

mikefamig said:

Mike.
The PC that is giving me trouble is running Win7 with FF v92.0.  I tried it on a Win10 system, also running FF v92.0, and it works there.  Thinking I should uninstall FF and reinstall it and see if that makes a difference.  Turning off ad blockers didn't help. 

Here FF v92.0 installed new on Windows 2016 / Ubuntu 20.04 works fine with Cocoontech and importing my links. (6 servers on the rack).
That said I do not surf the web on the servers.

FF updated to v92.0 on Ubuntu 18.04 does not work for my on my three dual boot OS Lenova laptops.  (one is Windows 11).  Never use Windows 10-11 on these much at all.

There is a post here some place indicating that I had a problem with Firefox / Cocoontech a couple of years back.

Anyone notice that Firefox appears to have slowed down?  - April 2019

So this morning I am able to access and post here using the laptop that was giving me trouble. I have no clues as to why.

Mike.

When I run into this problem with not being able to connect to cocoontech with Firefox, I am using the url http://cocoontech.com/forums.  But when the timeout error occurs, the url that is shown in the address bar has changed to https:

Cocoontech does not support https, and if you try and use it, you do get a 522 error.  So that might be a hint as to what's going on. 

It seems like something is changing the url when I use Firefox.  There are settings in various places to force https to always be used.  I've turned these off in Firefox and Norton.  But it doesn't help.  If it was a setting outside of Firefox, I would think it would apply to Chrome as well.  But Chrome continues to work for me. 

So I just tried to post here using Firefox and went back to error 522 connecting to cloudflare. I am truly clueless

Mike.

RAL

I did have "HTTPS only" mode turned on in Firefox but I turned it off, restarted the browser and still the same error

wkearney99 said:
Probably worth loading up a fresh install of malwarebytes to scan the machine for problem software.  

I reiterate this point.  Scan your machine to see that there's not something else causing problems.  I'm not making a generic "tech support 101 script" comment here.  Rather than there are various pernicious bits of malware out there that seek to disrupt the web browser.  MB is free to try and excellent at finding things.  I can't hurt to try and takes a whole slew of other complications out of the troubleshooting equation.

I installed and ran malwarebytes and nothing was detected In the early days of Malwarebytes it used to find problems and fix them for me but in the last few years it has found nothing every time I run it. Because of this I stopped using it long ago.

Here is the error message that I got in Firefox:

What happened?

The initial connection between Cloudflare's network and the origin web server timed out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

What can I do?

If you're a visitor of this website:
Please try again in a few minutes.

If you're the owner of this website:
Contact your hosting provider letting them know your web server is not completing requests. An Error 522 means that the request was able to connect to your web server, but that the request didn't finish. The most likely cause is that something on your server is hogging resources. Additional troubleshooting information here.

Back