where to buy Outdoor low-light security cams

Intellicamusa is the manufacturer.

The Yahoo store doesn't seem to have the $75 G4-12EXS anymore, closest price on froogle is $129, which is why I thought the $75 was a great deal. They sent me the WPX-2330 by mistake, or as a substitution, which is actually listed as $85 on their site as it is waterproof and "armored". The WPX-2330 I found on google (none found on froogle) for around $119 at other places.

It does not come with cabling, but comes with a replacement IR fitting.

I do have a question for the gurus out there... How do I eliminate noise on the run? I've seen the Baluns for Cat 5, but I'm using some security wiring that came with other cameras I had installed. There are horizontal lines in the picture due to some noise on the long runs. Any ideas how I would get rid of it?

All cameras have now been replaced around the house that show on my website. Some samples of the lines can be seen on the porch cam and a couple others.

I'd highly recommend the cameras!

Rupp said:
Stinger,
So are you saying they were listed at $85 or still are listed at $85?
I think I was saying (using present tense):

They sent me the WPX-2330 by mistake, or as a substitution, which is actually listed as $85 on their site as it is waterproof and "armored".

:blink:

I purchased 2 more of the $65 cameras, the G4SH18DN.

I also picked up 1 Lorex SG6190 at Home Depot for $50 (w/ audio) for the front door (wanted something smaller w/ audio for this location).

Hoping to get my webvision4 up and running this weekend, but I may return this for the NetGator 60, which is identical to the Webvision4 with the addition of a realtime video display output (and priced less than $350). ***

EDIT: The output will only display one channel at a time. The box will also only stream one channel at a time. The only way to view all 4 cameras is via JPEG and with all 4 cameras updating, the best I could get was about 1 frame per second.

jeffx said:
Hoping to get my webvision4 up and running this weekend, but I may return this for the NetGator 60, which is identical to the Webvision4 with the addition of a realtime video display output (and priced less than $350).
Wow, that is a great price if that unit does what I think it does. So this will display four video cameras over a network using your current web browser PLUS provide a video output which is a composite of the inputs?

Equivalent Axis camera servers cost over a thousand or so for this same capability and they have no video output. Am I comparing apples to apples here?

yes, it's a 4 input, 1 output stand alone web server device that is highly configurable. The web interface is html/asp/flash and can be modified (flash ROM). The support documents on the mfg website are quite detailed.
When I get it up and running, I'll put it in a DMZ so you can check it out.

EDIT: The device can only stream 1 camera at a time via MPEG and/or to the video display output. This fact and now 7 days without a response from the mfg's customer support will force me to return this product.

jeffx said:
Have you received the cameras yet? I tried to get some more information about the various cameras from Direct Sales via email and was less than impressed with their response. I was looking for standard info like connector type (power & signal), power requirements, & size. Their first reply referred me to their web site, which I don't believe has any of this info for any of their cameras. When I replied asking again, they didn't even reply. Super Circuits provides all this info.

I received the first camera I ordered in about 7-10 days after the order.

Here are the specs from the included spec sheet:

Power DC 12volt (210mA), 1/4 inch Sharp CCD, 1 Lux color, 0 Lux B&W with IR on, 420 TV Lines, s/n RAtion >50dB, Composite output 1.0V p-p at 75 ohm (BNC), 2.6mm fixed lens, IP55 Waterproof, IR range 20m 45 deg.

Thanks, I dunno why they cannot make that info available on their web site. Might you have any screen shots or samples available?

jeffx said:

I also picked up 1 Lorex SG6190 at Home Depot for $50 (w/ audio) for the front door (wanted something smaller w/ audio for this location).

Hoping to get my webvision4 up and running this weekend, but I may return this for the NetGator 60, which is identical to the Webvision4 with the addition of a realtime video display output (and priced less than $350). This way I could modulate a quad-display to just 1 channel instead of having to use 4 separate channels.
Jeffx,
Can you post a link where others can order these $65 cameras please. The only link I have shows them at $85.

Thanks

As soon as I re-wire this camera this week using coax I will make it available online.

Right now it is running through outdoor phone wire and the signal noise from this wiring doesn't do the camera justice. When I first open the camera to test it and ran it directly to a monitor, the picture was perfect.

I'm even tempted to take a break from working on my roof today right now (oops, I guess I'm taking a break already) to re-wire the camera to my new smart closet. I better hurry before my wife get's home and catches me :)

Back