Wiring Issue with Elk M1/Newbie

If they are in parallel. All of them may have to have a magnet near them. Remove any magnet and the loop activates.
If you did not have all of them satisfied. Try again and just move one magnet. To see how the loop acts.

BLH said:
If they are in parallel. All of them may have to have a magnet near them. Remove any magnet and the loop activates.
If you did not have all of them satisfied. Try again and just move one magnet. To see how the loop acts.

I'll agree with your point and take it one step further. You should test each sensor by removing it from the circuit altogether. This is the only way to prove it good or bad because otherwise a wire or other part of the circuit could defeat the test. For example you could have a wire fault and wrongly determine it to be a bad sensor.

Mike.

All wiring was fine. Meter indicated was closed status even when the window was open. Checked the sensor contact and it was decided to just change one to see what will happen. As a result the contacts for all 12 windows had to be replaced.

I'm not trying to doubt you, but I find it very unlikely all 12 contacts were bad.  How old is this residence?

Now I'm wondering if perhaps these old contacts had an EOL resistor included in them and possibly, the meter was misread (wrong scale perhaps if manual cheaper meter)?

Just for curiosity sake, what type of meter were you using?  Also, again, not trying to doubt you, did you ensure your fingertips were not contacting the meter leads tip ends during the measurement?

Thanks for the info.

BSR

Back