Premise Silverlight UI

Motorola Premise

jimspr

I mentioned this idea many months ago and I finally got around to working on it. I now have a very, very rudimentary beginning to this. I will post some screenshots tonight, but at this point it can control lights (dim and powerstate) that are explicitly created and initialized in the Silverlight App, and some additional infrastructure is there for issuing commands and receiving responses from SYS. Overall, I have been trying to make it look similar to the original browser UI, although due to my lack of design skills, it looks a little cartoonish right now.

My goal is to put more logic into the Silverlight App and not much into the SYS module. One thing I always struggled with was it was hard for me to customize anything in the browser or add a major new component. I really see people customizing the Silverlight App and incorporating different stuff (video playback, etc).

It is pretty easy to drop into SYS and it can coexist with the existing browser. There is a .html file, the Silverlight .xap file, and a small (so far) module. I'm curious as to who would be interested in this. I was thinking of creating an open source project (through CodePlex) at some point, too.

Thoughts?
--jim

I don't know much about SilverLight so I'll ask the newbie question:

Would this allow us to use a browser other than IE and get similar functionality to the Automation Browser that uses an ActiveX control?

I would love to see this.

I can help on the design side, although I have never worked with Silverlight. I have done a fair bit of CSS/HTML stuff now. And Photoshop.

Let me know what I can do.

ahhh...I must be getting old...It has been a looong time. Glad to see you're around.

This is/was a great product. Now a neglected product. Has been working great in my home since the Premise/Lantronix days..and a couple of others are still working well.....

I'd love to test such a program on my setup. This will be very neat as I'm thinking Silverlight is or will be supported by Windows Mobile 6 too? I'd love to have a better Premise interface for my PPC; hopefully similar to the automation browser.

... John in VA created a similar thing found here, but it requires windows home server ...
I don't believe PremiseHUI requires WHS. I had it running on Windows XP Pro. The issue raised in the thread was how to get it running in Windows XP Home Edition which does not come with IIS. Other that that, it works fine in full Win XP.

I'll give it a try then :p

... John in VA created a similar thing found here, but it requires windows home server ...
I don't believe PremiseHUI requires WHS. I had it running on Windows XP Pro. The issue raised in the thread was how to get it running in Windows XP Home Edition which does not come with IIS. Other that that, it works fine in full Win XP.

I don't know if this helps, but John in VA created a similar thing found here, but it requires windows home server which I don't have :p
I believe it may also be silverlight based so it might be a good starting point.

Thanks for the link. I just took a quick look and it is Silverlight, although it is also using something called Gizmox, which I don't know anything about.

FWIW - My approach uses SYS's existing web server so no IIS stuff to install/configure. Screenshots coming shortly.

OK, here is a screenshot. I am reusing a bunch of the existing images, although it could be all changed.

Attachments

• syslight.jpg
    syslight.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 75
Back