*** Anybody install COSMOD 2W and COSMO 2W with M1G

Mp333

Checking to see if anybody has installed a System Sensor cosmod 2W and Cosmo 2w with m1g. I am looking to install along with 2WTAB. Looking for any info that would be helpfull.

Thanks

Many.

Plan on 2 outputs and 3 inputs and appropriate rules. Can't remember what the issue I ran into was, if the CO alarm/trouble didn't stay or it generated a co trouble on reset. I'd have to look at my field laptop to see what the exact rules needed are and why.

Other than that it's really straightforward.

DELInstallations said:
Many.

Plan on 2 outputs and 3 inputs and appropriate rules. Can't remember what the issue I ran into was, if the CO alarm/trouble didn't stay or it generated a co trouble on reset. I'd have to look at my field laptop to see what the exact rules needed are and why.

Other than that it's really straightforward.
DEL

Looking to install the Cosmo units. Wondering if you were able to find the CO alarm/trouble didn't stay or it generated a co trouble on reset. Also what the rule would needs to be....

Thank you

I can't remember the exact sequence of operation based on what is tripped and the reset process, but the trouble only appears on the reset. The supervisiory zone and related programming is pretty elementary in nature.

The trouble shows up and then clears. Want to say it was the CO trouble shows up on the reset, but that would be expected (no power would negate a CO EOLR and equal a trouble). I put custom text in the M1 and then put the display time and clear option in. Want that trouble to stay in long enough for the HO to view and require acknowledgement.

The CO zone and fire zone cover it by default, the only item that you need to address is the supervisiory ZT and related text as you don't want to set off the bell/siren on maintenance and have it act appropriately.

It shows the COSMOD gets a Smoke and CO EOL. Should I still keep the 820ohms EOL that is installed at the end of the last 2WTAB?

No.

The EOLR that comes with the module is installed at the last detector (3.9K), it's a unique value and has zero to do with the panel.

2.2K EOLR's get used for the "panel" value. Remember, the module is wired like a 4 wire fire loop as far as the panel goes.

Look at diagram 3 for the module, it's very clear how it gets connected.

DEL. That did the trick.
The cosmos and one cosmo2 is in. Three of the cosmo for some reason would not mount onto the circular mount. I think the tabs are interfering...
I get the normal green light on the cosmod and cosmo2, however I do get the fire trouble on the keypad. I have NOT changed anything in the M1G setting.Running out of time. Heading out to see the FB game.

Tabs shouldn't interfere, sounds more like the baseplate tightened down too much distorting it?

Not following about the LED's. If you're getting the trouble, that's a valid report if detectors are missing.

Mp333 said:
Tabs shouldn't interfere, sounds more like the baseplate tightened down too much distorting it?

Not following about the LED's. If you're getting the trouble, that's a valid report if detectors are missing.
As far as base plate they are not mounted on the ceiling. I couldnt install the base plate and smoke detector in my hand. Out of four I was only able to use one.
As far the LEDs all I was trying to say is that the LEDs on the smokes at every five sec and the cosmod has green LED blinking. I did an ez loop test and all were blinking twice every five seconds. As far as the LED status things seem to be ok. The keypad displays Fire Alarm trouble.
Also I have not connected the Maintenance zone. Not sure how to connect that? Does it go to a zone input?

Wiring: Again, diagram 3 shows how to connect your unit to the host panel. All possible connections are shown with the exception of how to connect to a specific panel. Pair of outputs and 3 inputs. Programming at the host panel to suit.

I don't understand how you can use the smokes without a baseplate.....that's a required component where the field wiring terminates. If you did anything else, that would probably be part of your problem.

The fire trouble is indicating you don't have a continous circuit, no matter what the walk test button indicates. You need to fix that first.

DELInstallations said:
The fire trouble is indicating you don't have a continous circuit, no matter what the walk test button indicates. You need to fix that first.
DEL - All Smokes & CO are blinking at the normal rate. Not sure what do you mean by continuous circuit? Trying to wrap my head around the smoke / CO and how the cosmod2 works.

Sorry about the confusion. All I was trying to say is that I could not snap the base and smoke, testing it out. Just trying to see if they snapped on. It’s all set now. I mounted the base they do snap on. Needed little love.

As far as the cosmo2w I am confused. I marked every Red wire that was the first (power source) and not the loop. I installed the cosmo2w and made sure I marked wires that went to the local positive terminal and not the loop. So the next 2wtab or cosmo2w would be connected same as the 3.9k resistor as per fig 3. See attached. Also the last COSMO2W has an EOL 3.9k. I have four Cosmo2w and three 2WTAB in loop.

Does the Loop Style D wires get connected?

Also there are couple dip switches on the cosmod that I am not sure of the settings.

Here is how it is configured
Cosmod2 Connections
Power – SAUX
Smoke – Zone 16
Maint -  Havent figured out. Not sure how to define the zone.
CO Alarm – Zone 15
CO Trigger – Not sure how to configure

Smoke EOL – 2.2k
CO EOL – 2.2k
IDC +/- = Smoke & CO Detectors
Style +/- = No Connection
Smoke Trigger – Out 3 N/O

Attachments

• Cosmod2w.JPG
    Cosmod2w.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Cosmod2w2.JPG
    Cosmod2w2.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 24
Fire trouble indicates you have something incorrectly wired or there is an issue with the loop. You'll need to spend the requisite time with the panel and a DMM and field devices/baseplates to determine why the module is not seeing the 3.9K resistor. Forget everything you see and know about the lights at this point. There is a wiring issue, either at the base, between smokes or you're not getting the smokes in the bases properly. You need to correct that.

Smoke ZT would be 10, CO is 17.

You would not need the style D connections.

The dipswitches need to be set to off X3.

The smoke/co triggers get wired to relays on the M1 that are connected to +12V and triggered via rules, 1 for fire, 1 for CO, separate relays and separate rules.

DEL - Fire Trouble display on keypad is gone. Zone 16 jumper needed to move to normal.

So far on
Cosmod2 Connections
Power – SAUX
Smoke – Zone 16 (Def - 10, Type - 4 Wire)
Maint -  Connected to a zone as Fire Supervisory ( Wrote rules for voice and text display on keypad).
CO Alarm – Zone 15 (Def - 17, Type - EOL Hardwire)
CO Trigger – Not sure how to configure and connect... i can connect to the output expander board

Smoke EOL – 2.2k
CO EOL – 2.2k
IDC +/- = Smoke & CO Detectors
Style D/Class A +/- = No Connection
Smoke Trigger – Out 3 N/O (Rule for ON & OFF when fire zone is violated)

Back