1-wire weather

Tom P

I just purchased a 1-wire weather instrument with wind speed, direction and temperature from Hobby Boards.
I connected it to a BSp24 and ran the program from the Nuts and Volts article called "weather on the wire.
I connected the sensors using a 1K pullup resistor and ran the program called OW_weather.bsp.
When the program runs the temperature displays but I get error messages for the the wind speed and direction.
I read somewhere that I might have to read the ROM code first before running the program, if so what program? is it available?
thanks
Tom P

I just purchased a 1-wire weather instrument with wind speed, direction and temperature from Hobby Boards.
I connected it to a BSp24 and ran the program from the Nuts and Volts article called "weather on the wire.
I connected the sensors using a 1K pullup resistor and ran the program called OW_weather.bsp.
When the program runs the temperature displays but I get error messages for the the wind speed and direction.
I read somewhere that I might have to read the ROM code first before running the program, if so what program? is it available?
thanks
Tom P

Tom,

For answers to questions about code in the Nuts and Volts articles you should go to the author's forum here because I don't think he reads this forum.

If you have a USB or Serial Adaptor you can use the OneWireViewer to view all the devices on your 1-Wire network using a normal PC.

Eric

Back