14" VisionMaker Sketch 14 Touch Screen

SkyBolt

I am considering this unit for my kitchen. I currently use a 15" planar but the unit is quite large. Anyway this one seems to be just the right sze and is made for a counter top.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=VT14

Just curious if any one has an experience with one? The stylus makes me a little nervous as my current unit works with my finger real nice.

Thanks,
-Skybolt

I personally would not want anything with a stylus for HA use and I think you will be disappointed. Can you get creative with the planar and remove the guts and build a more friendly frame/case?

Steve said:
I personally would not want anything with a stylus for HA use and I think you will be disappointed. Can you get creative with the planar and remove the guts and build a more friendly frame/case?
Yeah - thats was my feeling as well, I was hoping the stylus was not really needed like a CF-01 - Still hope.

The sheer size of the plannar is just not table/counter friendly - even with a nice mahogony frame I think. It wants to be in a wall to dwarf it's size. My original plan was to build it into the wall but then the plans changed, my wife won out with a hutch ... :)

Never............... let the wife win when it comes to HA :)

Like mine doesn't win all of the time :eek:

BTW Skybolt I have some stuff for you Monday.

Well it seems I found an even better deal on this monitor for $129 :

http://www.evertek.com/viewpart.asp?auto=30210&cpc=DS

but the dimensions are bigger then hte plannar :) 20.25x18x11 inches

but this statment looks promising:

"The VisionMaker Sketch 14 is the first device to combine direct pressure-sensitive pen input with a high-resolution computer-generated image, in a compact 14-inch design."

This might mean a finger will work, much like the CF-01 and Audry's do. Still not sure.

SkyBolt said:
but the dimensions are bigger then hte plannar :) 20.25x18x11 inches
Isn't the whole idea of replacing the Planar is because it is too big? Another thought - does the Plana have a VESA mount (4 holes in square pattern) on the back? If so, maybe you could fit a 'stand' sort of like a picture frame (small square of wood with another piece on a hinge) so you can get the Planar down to just the screen? If that is still too big then it sounds like you need to step down to a smaller monitor.

The VisionMaker device uses an electromagnetic stylus (like a Wacom, I'm guesing), so a finger won't work unless you rip the stylus apart and embed the guts in your finger. :)

Steve said:
Isn't the whole idea of replacing the Planar is because it is too big? ...
Yeah - I'm stuck- Looks like I'm either gonna emmbed a device in my finger (LOL - I like that one) or rip the guts and make a nice mahogony frame. Although the finger thing sounds interesting, I think I'm going to oder some wood and clean up the shop.

Thanks guys :)

-Skybolt

Back