15" ELO Refurbs - Great deal

john, did you go into your elo software and reset up your touch? that should adjust the amount of surface that must be touched. its the ALIGN button when the elo software first comes up.

I got two today as well. VERY nicely packaged and all the cabling came with it. One of the screens looks like it was wiped with a dirty dishrag on the backside of the glass. its TERRIBLE! nothing i can do about it given the way the glass is attached to the frame. major bummer unless the screen is on, then you dont really notice it. but when its off, its REALL REALLY REALLY bad.

john, did you go into your elo software and reset up your touch? that should adjust the amount of surface that must be touched. its the ALIGN button when the elo software first comes up.

I got two today as well. VERY nicely packaged and all the cabling came with it. One of the screens looks like it was wiped with a dirty dishrag on the backside of the glass. its TERRIBLE! nothing i can do about it given the way the glass is attached to the frame. major bummer unless the screen is on, then you dont really notice it. but when its off, its REALL REALLY REALLY bad.

Yes, I did align it. I used as little pressure as I could with my finger tip for it to recognize the calibration points.

sounds like you need a replacement unit sent. I figured you did the alignment, LOL. since you are pretty skilled at this kind of stuff.

sounds like you need a replacement unit sent. I figured you did the alignment, LOL. since you are pretty skilled at this kind of stuff.

I was hoping it would be something simple that I may have overlooked. Also this is my first touchscreen that has the emitters/receivers, so was not sure what the resolution should be. I have alighed it like 3 times now, and have definitely noticed a dead spot on the top of the screen. No matter if I use my finger, thumb ect, it will not see anything for about 3/4" down along the entire top of the screen.

Hopefully it is still something that can be corrected without needing a replacement. This was a great deal, and certainly don't want him to lose money on returns and such after making them available at such a reasonable price.

Wow! A flurry of activity and not all of it positive. :^( Oh well.

John:

You have a bad LCD. Which is odd because I personally test each touchscreen before I ship it (or at least I think I do) and I would have noticed a stuck pixel, because I test them with full black and white screens. If it bugs you (It would bug me) you can return it and I'll replace it. I have plenty of spare LCDs so it's no big deal.

As far as the touchpanel is concerned, I'm stumped. The only thing I have seen that causes the panel to behave non-uniformly is a physical obstruction on the surface of the panel. Call me (610-544-3414) or email ([email protected]) to arrange a return.

I dunno....I was shipping out 15 or so every day, so maybe my QC got a tad shaky.

Ranger Digital:

I know I shipped some that had some condensate on the back of the touchpanel, but nothing quite as heinous as you've described. I'd be glad to replace it.

In case anyone gets a bee in his bonnet to take these babies apart, the tool that makes it easy is an electric guitar string. I like a .008 with a length of 1/2" dowel attached to either end. It slices through the double stick nicely. The remains of the tape are easy to remove from the back of the touchpanel; not so easy to remove from the LCD frame. An hour in a hot car helps.

I would like everyone who has bought one or more of these to feel free to contact me if you have issues. You did get a fantastic deal, but if that does not mean you shouldn't expect the touchscreens to live up to my description.

Cheers-

-Michael

I have to concur, Michael has gone out of his way to help everyone here. If only every eBay experience was like this :)

That's why I didn't hesitate to post this. When he gave me his PHONE NUMBER, I knew he'd be really good :) Most ebay sellers hide behind layers of stuff. Truly refreshing.

Thanks Michael.

FWIW-
Following this post I just realized that "Michael" is the same fellow I have dealt with in the past 1 1/2 years with on some touchscreens. His business repaired an LCD touchscreen that I fried by being an idiot. I originally found him on Ebay as well and have thus far been impressed his expertise. I wouldn't hesitate to send business his way.

Mine arrived yesterday. By this morning it was bench tested with a Convergent Living Sidekick. Looks beautiful. At $100, I'm considering a second. My wife freakin' loves the real estate and the kids are off to grandma's for the weekend so by next week it will be in the wall. I'm super excited. Thanks again, Santistuff!

UPDATE:

Michael called me this morning, and after talking on the phone, there does seem to be some issue with the screen. He is sending out a replacement immediately, and not even waiting to get this one back! That is customer service at its absolute finest!

Michael, thank you VERY much, and I will definitely try to find some other goodies that you have for sale, so I can continue to do business with you in the future!

As a touch screen manufacturer, I wanted to just jump in say I have been lurking on this post and this is all very cool. Its great to see everyone get excited over a touch screen, and the excellent service that is being offered too. I too have a refurbished open frame (21") mounted in the wall by my front door, and it has served me well.

Everything rises with the tide.

If elected president, I promise a touch screen in every home...heck, in every room!

Viva la touch screens!

-Dwayne

Hey Michael

Do you have any of these in a desktop stand? I bought one and it works great but I would also like to get one that can stand on a table to use.

John

Back