Grandstream GXV3672_HD Outdoor Day/Night HD IP Camera Deal $147

That is what I will start to work with this weekend when I have time.  I see how one could manage multiple streams...didn't notice it on the Ubiquiti but I'll look better.
Here's some night shots.

Grandstream with no changes made.  (full color?????)
grandstreamnight_zps7f55e1e3.png

Ubiquiti with the porch light on.
ubiquitinight_zps3a475ba8.png

If you don't mind, can you please upload a day and night shot to the profile for this camera here.  Thanks!

Yeah...here's a later shot for b&w
grandnite_zps0382a1a6.png

@Dan...will do.

I actually just ordered three more of the Grandstreams for my Dad and sister.  They need some cameras for a commercial property and I thought this will give me another setup to play with.  Guess I have some work to do in Miami next week!!!

I "was" taking it outside but before I did I wanted to see how easy it would be to change the lens on it.  Looks easy. The front of the camera just unscrews from the back. 

To get to the lens you have to remove the LED illumination ring.  The lens has a set screw on it.

For easy focus of the new lens you can utilize the analog output via BNC.

Attached are pictures of the inside of the camera.

Attachments

• Open-1.jpg
    Open-1.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 20
I've gotta say - I've been (im)patiently waiting for the AirCam Pro to come out, but at this price point and feature set, I may not bother - these look really good!  I see they also have a 5MP version available too that's not terribly expensive either.

I also like the fact that it integrates with SIP - means I can check on any of the cameras from the video phone on my desk, or theroetically incorporate it with my home VOIP PBX.

I think I saw the 5MP version for around $195 which is really a good price.  (don't recall where though).

I am hoping though that this version will settle at around $100 with the 5MP version settling around $150.

I think this will give Ubiquito some more ideas about their new Aircam Pro features set and maybe a different price point on it; IE like maybe $120 for the Aircam Pro; then dropping the price on the current aircam to say $80.

The Aircam packaging and support and warranty is really good right now and that is a good thing.   

I have seen that the Grandstream forum appears to be moderated by a nice bunch of folks.

Pete were you able to determine if there's room in the back of the casing to pull the pigtail in and plug in the ethernet cable?
That would be nice!

I do like how accesible everything is with simply unscrewing the front portion.

It would be not worth the effort to do this Mario. 

Its a PITA right now with the "testing" generic camera. 

To disconnect the internally connected Cat5e POE cable I have to open the camera; which is easy because it has a flip top cover on it; but difficult to do if you are on a ladder.

Last Christmas my wife purchased a few of these little plastic "clam shells" for the outside electrical power extensions for the lighting.

I have put these away now in storage with the Christmas stuff; but thinking of maybe trying one.  Not really sure how water tight these are though.

I'm waiting with baited breath for a solution so chop chop. :). Actually pretty swamped with another home project and my wife won't let me start anything else until I'm done with the kitchen. Then I'm setting up the whole house stereo but some cameras outdoors would be nice, especially since we live at the end of a cul-de-sac.

Question about range. On at least one camera I'd probably go with a higher megapixel camera and I'd like to see about a long range lens. The issue is that most of the houses are in the back of the neighborhood and so they don't stop at the front stop sign often and my neighbors and I at the front have almost been hit countless times. I'm about four houses down from that intersection and I'd like to be able to put together some footage showing all of the cars that just roll through without stopping. So my question is, what sort of lens should I look at to pair with the 5MP camera. While it'd be nice to be able to read license plates, I really just want to put together footage to show the police the problem and see if we can get some periodic interest. Besides, the municipals need to make money and apparently I've got a bunch of neighbors on the back 40 that want to contribute. :)

I went into the attic and dug out one of the outside for Christmas decorating plastic "clam shells". 

I will be utilizing this for my outside testing of the Grandstream IP camera.

Not really water tight but will protect the wires a bit.

On a bit of a tangent some Aircam folks have replaced the lens with a long range lens. 

That said though there is some distortion around the periferal FOV on those tested Aircams.  There are some pictures and live views of these modified Aircams on the Ubiquiti forums.

I see a similiar distortion on the wide angle lens I installed on the Aircam; not really as noticible though with the wide angle lens.

Not sure if I will see any type of distortion when I replace the Grandstream IP camera lens.

Attachments

• wires.jpg
    wires.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 14
Pete - I doubt you'll ever see pricing like that from grandstream or Ubiquiti.  I'm a resller of both and know what they are going for at the distributors - and I'll just say we're talking basically no margin in the pricing you've seen;  The aircam is already at $100; I expect the Pro to be between $150 and $200. 

I'd also love to hear how gsurf compares to ubiquiti's aircam software if anyone has played with both; I know there's a huge update coming for AirCam that's supposed to be pretty game changing - we'll see.

Both companies have an already established niche of wares.

Ubiquito with it wireless "stuff" and Grandstream with its VOIP "stuff".

Relating to the use of their new IP Cams and products it'll relate to maybe more the integration to what they sell and do the best.

Pricing and MFG costs are really a different topic and relate more to how much the distributors are willing to pay for a supported product et al and how good the product is etc. (not so much mfg costs)

I never utilized the Ubiquiti software because it was written for only their product and I initially only purchased one Aircam.  (now I have two).

GSurf is only written for the Grandstream OS IP cameras and I wasn't really thinking about trying it at this time. I did install it a few months back and it did work with the generic Grandstream OS'd camera.

Good DVR software matched up with their product could influence sales.  

Back