15" ELO Refurbs - Great deal

samgreco

I bought one of these from this guy a couple of months ago at a significantly higher price. It was very clean and works well. I don't currently need another, but he has 58 of them on ebay for $100 each. They are open frame, flanged. Easy wall mount.

HERE is the link:

He was very good to deal with.

Sam

I find this statement on his auction site very interesting...

If you're looking at this auction, it's probably because I sent you a link to it. My description is really vague because I wanted to set this listing up without the general public finding it by searching. See pic for model number and manufacturer.

I found that statement very odd as well. However, I decided to give it a try. I will let you know how it turns out.

Here's his entire email to me. Frankly I think that he is going to undermine his market anyway, but it's his choice.

I have pictures somewhere. I'll post later.

Hi,

I'm emailing you because have purchased one or more open frame ELO model ET1545L-8UWC-1 touchscreens from me on ebay and I though you might be interested this:

I have 58 units of the same touchscreen which I can sell for $100 each (without stands) because I purchased them for significantly less than I usually do. I have listed them under my other ID since I don't want to undermine my market. Here's the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=320157212965

They are in the same excellent condition (bright, no dead pixels, no scratches) and have a 90 day warranty from me.

I do not currently have enough stands in stock to make them available with this offer, but I should have more in about a week and they will be available for $10 + shipping.

Here's a pic of the final install in my kitchen. I had a few without the frame, but forgot to pull them off the memory card and the wife has the camera today. D'oh!. But this gives you an idea.

That would be my big fat hairy arm in the photo :)

Attachments

• Kitchen_Touchscreen.jpg
    Kitchen_Touchscreen.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 433
Did you build your own frame? I wish there was a cheap way of extending the vga/touchscreen signal.

Did you build your own frame? I wish there was a cheap way of extending the vga/touchscreen signal.

I thought I saw a website that gave the pinout for extending VGA via Cat5 (without a balun). Memory serves it required two Cat5 for the video. The serial (touchscreen) is easy with a third Cat5.

I assume that the length of Cat5 without the balun will be the issue.

Did you build your own frame?

Yes I did. I used the original trim that I had left over from remodeling the kitchen and removing an old 1/2 pantry. So it looks like it's always been there. Which is cool since I don't think they had these in the 50s. :)

DavidL - I recall that Cat5 extender article too. Just can't remeber where. Seems ages ago.

Do you have a picture of one of these installed?
I know most have seen this, but here is the ELO ET1547L-8UWC-1 wall mounted going on 2 years now. Be careful - the email says 1545L but the pic on the auction says 1547. The 1547 is the Intellitoucch with solid glass, no plastic sheet in front. It also has the plastic bezel as seen in my pic. The 1545 had a different bezel I think, but make sure it is the -8UWC-1 with Intellitouch. I paid $400 for these 2 years ago, so these are a really good deal if in good condition.

Right now it runs off of a local old laptop but I am going to switch it to running off my CQC/HA server with Betwin. You can get a decent 50' VGA cable for like $30 at monoprice. The USB extender is a little more, but doable. I think it is a great deal at $100, if I didn't already have a spare, I would jump on it.

Be careful - the email says 1545L but the pic on the auction says 1547. The 1547 is the Intellitoucch with solid glass, no plastic sheet in front. It also has the plastic bezel as seen in my pic. The 1545 had a different bezel I think, but make sure it is the -8UWC-1 with Intellitouch. I paid $400 for these 2 years ago, so these are a really good deal if in good condition.

Steve - Since mine is mounted and framed, I'm not about to remove it to check :), but it is most definitely a metal frame and a glass front. It is the SAW (acoustic wave) type. Works quite well. The person I dealt with was quick to answer questions, so please verify it with him to be sure which version it is.

The only gotcha I had was that the controls are mounted on the right side of the frame. The board can be unscrewed and mounted in some other way. I decided not to, since I felt that once calibrated to the best I could get, I probably wouldn't need to get at them for a long time.

Here is another picture pre framing.

EDIT: If anyone gets one of these, since it is an acoustic type, you can not block the edges with the frame. There needs to be a small gap between the frame and glass surface. Mine is about 1/16th". And I mean above the surface of the glass. I'll see if I can draw something up.

Attachments

• Touchscreen_Pre_Frame.JPG
    Touchscreen_Pre_Frame.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 252
Hope this helps make sense of the previous post.

Attachments

• touchscreen_drawing.jpg
    touchscreen_drawing.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 288
I heard from somebody else that spoke to him that they are a combination of 1545 or 1547, pot luck. The good news is that supposedly the only difference was the plastic bezel that they came with, but these units all already have the bezels removed. They should all be the SAW type which is what you want (at least imho). Funny thing though, mine has a ' wired remote' that just plugs into a connector. All the connectors are on the bottom (as seen in this pic), facing down.

Back