2 questions

tanstaaf1

(1) Has anyone gotten ADT to accept a non-ADT alarm panel? I have invested quite a bit of money in ADT wireless motion detectors and other sensors and I want to access their output for driving my HA system (lighting control, etc.)

(2) Do any of you guys live in N. California? I'd sure like to see an extensively automated home in action. I also would consider hiring someone to help me wire my house and recommend HA and whole house AV components if I didn't have to fly them in from Neverland and put them up in a fancy hotel! ;-)

In the years past, ADT had a custom alarm monitoring protocol that only their controls had. I am not sure if that has changed in recent years. The hardwired sensors will work with any security control, but not the keypad. Wireless sensors may be a problem.

I recently had a client complain that ADT will not monitor a non-ADT installed alarm panel.

I can't confirm this first hand, but the client was quite agitated and claimed to have spoken to several different ADT employees to confirm this.

tanstaaf1 said:
(2) Do any of you guys live in N. California? I'd sure like to see an extensively automated home in action. I also would consider hiring someone to help me wire my house and recommend HA and whole house AV components if I didn't have to fly them in from Neverland and put them up in a fancy hotel! ;-)
tanstaaf1,

I live in central CA (Santa Barbara)... if you ever get down this way you're welcome to stop by for a tour/demo.

What's your location? Are you north of SJ/SF? I won't be starting to take clients for my HA business until around March. If the timing isn't critical (I think your trying to get wired before drywall goes up?) let me know.

Be aware that even low-voltage wiring in CA needs to be done by a licensed contractor (C-7 or C-45 license). I don't have this qualification yet so am working with a couple companies to sub out the wiring. Obtaining the low voltage C-7 license requires the equivilent of 2yrs direct experience and passing an exam.

Cheers,
Paul

Most of the Borg (national alarm companies, "we will assimulate you") will not monitor alarms that they did not install/do not own. Luckily, there are plenty of other choices.

Back