200 Gig Sata 7200RMP HD for $45

Has anyone purchased from them before? They have a lot of physical locations as well. Pretty sweet deal, if I decide to buy one I'll let everybody know.

Sorry, I personally have never purchased from them. A buddy of mine has, and watches their site all the time. He says he has never had a problem with them. He is the one that told me, so I thought I would just pass on the deal :)

Just got back from Microcenter with a few drives.
thanx for the heads up.
They had crates of them.

Keep in mind that at $0.225/gig, this is a good deal, but it's not unheard of. The difference here is that you're seeing sub-$50 prices as they size is smaller. I just picked up 3 500GB SATA 16MG drives for $120/each, so that's $0.24/gb. The 200GB/$45 would make a much more compelling boot disk though, esp as it's getting harder to find motherboards that play nice with IDE. Considering hard drives were $0.25/gb about 9 months ago, i'm surprised they haven't dropped faster. I guess those Seagate/etc layoffs could mean that the 25-50% per year price drops are going to slow down.

Bring on the <$200 750GB SATAs, so we can build easily build multi-TB RAIDs with no heat/noise issues!

Bring on the <$200 750GB SATAs, so we can build easily build multi-TB RAIDs with no heat/noise issues!
[/quote]

I also picked up a 750 gig Seagate w/ $60 rebate for $200 net while at Micro.

I also picked up a 750 gig Seagate w/ $60 rebate for $200 net while at Micro.

Damn, now i'm impressed. Thank god they're still MIR, I can resist temptation a wee bit longer

Back