2nd Elk Data Hub Retro Install Questions

When I hook up my 2nd data bus hub (both retro) what is the wire schematic for daisy chaining them together?

Meaning is it from the 4th input in the 1st hub to the data input of the second or the input 1 of the 2nd hub.

Hope that doens't sound too odd...

Thanks

In the Retro Version of the Data Bus Hub they both get wired directly to the M1 and you are maxed out at two from the way I read the manual.

Toymaster is right. There is not daisy chaining on the M1DBHR if it is in the control box. If it is mounted remotely from the control box you would daisy chain it like a keypad.

Ok well I put both sets of input wires into the m1G, and bring it back online..only one of the serial expanders is blinking.

The one that IS blinking is the one I added today with the two TR-40's attatched, but they are not getting any signals from the elk, they are not responding to commands.

The one NOT blinking is for my UPB lights and is not blinking...

Spanky said:
Toymaster is right. There is not daisy chaining on the M1DBHR if it is in the control box. If it is mounted remotely from the control box you would daisy chain it like a keypad.
Technically what does it matter where the physical location is? I would think that electrically it could be used either way independent of the location?

DeathtoToasters said:
Ok well I put both sets of input wires into the m1G, and bring it back online..only one of the serial expanders is blinking.

The one that IS blinking is the one I added today with the two TR-40's attatched, but they are not getting any signals from the elk, they are not responding to commands.

The one NOT blinking is for my UPB lights and is not blinking...
Do you have the termination resistors correct? There should only be 2 of these at one time. If you havent remove the one on the system control and terminate both of the data hubs

Back