4WTA-B/RRS-MOD Question

Ximat

Good Day,

I am finally getting around to messing with my 4WTA-B's and my M1G.

My question is this:

On the wiring, when wiring multiple smokes to different zones what does the Purple wire, and the lead off the red wire if the RRS-MOD Connect to?

Thank you!
X

http://www.systemsen...df/I56-2203.pdf

Figure 4 is possibly what you need...The purple wire would go to a relay on the M1 (Output 3 or other relay output).

You would need to write two rules. Fire turns on output 3. Clear turns off output 3.

You would have multiple initiating device circuits (zone inputs) and a power supervision relay for each zone.

All detector zone power wires would come from the brown and white wires off the rrs-mod.

I am not a fire guy. Test your own setup and wiring.

This drawing is the one I've found that fits my situation the best... Just don't know where purple goes.. Do I understand right that purple goes to a relay? Since I use Relay 3 for a strobe do I need to get a relay board now?

4WTA-B%20Multi%20Zone.jpg

This drawing is the one I've found that fits my situation the best... Just don't know where purple goes.. Do I understand right that purple goes to a relay? Since I use Relay 3 for a strobe do I need to get a relay board now?

View attachment 4596

Yes. You are correct. The purple needs to be connected to a 12vdc+ source to trip the RRS-MOD. A relay is what has been recommended in the past. If you are not using the other outputs on the Elk you could add an M1RB. Are you using output 2 for anything?

Also, come to think of it...If the RRS-MOD purple consistently draws less than 50MA you could wire it directly to output 7, 8, 9, etc. as they are low current 12vdc outputs.
You would have to confirm the maximum current draw, though. You need to much be less than 50mA if you are going to do this. I haven't tested it. A relay would be less risky if you don't know the draw on the purple wire.

I am not using O2 for anything... O1 is for a single speaker, and O3 is for a strobe.

Am i understanding your second recommendation correctly, that I could (assuming the current draw is low enough) hook directly to O7+ without a RB?

Also, based on the drawing I attached above, does the RED wire from the RRSMOD split and go to the relay/Output as well? Like a Y? One goes to SAUX +, and the other to the Output/Relay?

I'm sorry if my questions sound tedious or stupid, this part of the setup is all new to me!!!

Thank you!

Back