60-652-95 GE/ITI Wireless CO Detector Question

inline

Hi Everyone - I picked up a few 60-652-95 wireless sensors to detect CO for my ELK M1G system off ebay and have a question regarding the testing of the unit's to make sure they are functional.

I"ve called GE/ITI and originally they told me the units are fine based on my test results, but then called back and said they weren't sure, so now I'm hoping others have these units and I can get a consensus on how they should be working.

If others have these units, I'd be interested in knowing the date of manufacture and the results of the self test.

I have units from Jan 2001, Dec 2006 and (2) from Jan 2007. When testing, they all beep and flash the green and red LED's in unison. However the instructions say: "Plug in the CO alarm and wait five seconds. Next, press and hold the TEST/RESET button for five to seven seconds; the unit beeps, a red alarm light flashes, and a transmitter inside the CO alarm transmits a Tamper/Alarm signal that the panel can receive. Note: Intermittent beeps and flashing green and red lights indicate the CO alarm is malfunctioning. Refer to the "Troubleshooting" section."

So, I have (4) units that when I hold the TEST/RESET button they all beep and the green and red LED's flash in unison. So, do I have (4) bad CO detectors or are the instructions just bad/incorrect?

If others have these units,I'd like to know what results they have, especially if someone has this unit and only the RED light flashes while doing the self-test.

Hi Everyone - I picked up a few 60-652-95 wireless sensors to detect CO for my ELK M1G system off ebay and have a question regarding the testing of the unit's to make sure they are functional.

I"ve called GE/ITI and originally they told me the units are fine based on my test results, but then called back and said they weren't sure, so now I'm hoping others have these units and I can get a consensus on how they should be working.

If others have these units, I'd be interested in knowing the date of manufacture and the results of the self test.

I have units from Jan 2001, Dec 2006 and (2) from Jan 2007. When testing, they all beep and flash the green and red LED's in unison. However the instructions say: "Plug in the CO alarm and wait five seconds. Next, press and hold the TEST/RESET button for five to seven seconds; the unit beeps, a red alarm light flashes, and a transmitter inside the CO alarm transmits a Tamper/Alarm signal that the panel can receive. Note: Intermittent beeps and flashing green and red lights indicate the CO alarm is malfunctioning. Refer to the "Troubleshooting" section."

So, I have (4) units that when I hold the TEST/RESET button they all beep and the green and red LED's flash in unison. So, do I have (4) bad CO detectors or are the instructions just bad/incorrect?

If others have these units,I'd like to know what results they have, especially if someone has this unit and only the RED light flashes while doing the self-test.

I do not have this particular detector but I believe that average life of a CO detector is 5 years with a few being 6 (smoke detectors are usually 10 years). There are new Underwriters Laboratories requirements coming out about now (maybe out) that require the expiration date be marked on the detector. If I can track them down later I will post again but I may not have time.

CO detectors are NOT cheap but are as important as a smoke detector in my opinion. Even if your oldest check out maybe you want to start replacing them one or two a year?

I do not have this particular detector but I believe that average life of a CO detector is 5 years with a few being 6 (smoke detectors are usually 10 years). There are new Underwriters Laboratories requirements coming out about now (maybe out) that require the expiration date be marked on the detector. If I can track them down later I will post again but I may not have time.

CO detectors are NOT cheap but are as important as a smoke detector in my opinion. Even if your oldest check out maybe you want to start replacing them one or two a year?

Thanks for your input Digger, I'm actually aware of the life of the CO detectors, etc, which is why I'm really curious as (3) of my units are only 2 years old really, so I'd like to understand if they all work like this or just what.

** If anyone has these units and can let me know what they do during a self test I'd really appreciate it!! **

Thanks for your input Digger, I'm actually aware of the life of the CO detectors, etc, which is why I'm really curious as (3) of my units are only 2 years old really, so I'd like to understand if they all work like this or just what.

** If anyone has these units and can let me know what they do during a self test I'd really appreciate it!! **

I've had my units plugged in for over 2 weeks now with no wierd random lights blinking or sounds and when I manually test them, they report into the ELK fine, so I'm guessing they are ok, but if anyone has this unit I'd be really grateful if they could tell me if only the RED light flashes while doing the self-test or if both the power (green) and alarm (red) led flash together.

The GE CO detectors are not listed with the tested transmitters from GE for the M1. The transmitter tests fine with the test button, but we were never able to verify an alarm in a CO environment.

The GE CO detectors are not listed with the tested transmitters from GE for the M1. The transmitter tests fine with the test button, but we were never able to verify an alarm in a CO environment.

Thanks for the reply Spanky. Just so I fully understand what you are saying though...did you mean:

1. You were never able to verify an alerm in a CO environment because the CO didn't trip the transmitter, ie only sounded locally, the ELK receiver didn't pick up the alarm transmission

or

2. You never had anyone test with real CO to know if it would really work even though the transmitter test worked fine via the test button.

Thanks,
Rob

Back