Acknowledge Alarm and Stop Dialout

jimhannah

ElkM1G

Installed two new carbon monoxide sensors on zones 17 & 18; M1XIN connected through M1DBH; enrolled and functioning properly.

Set Zone Definitions for CO sensors as 17. Immediately upon sending Zone definitions to M1G, system alarmed. I presume this is normal. Entering code at keypad silenced alarm. Entered code again to acknowledge. All seems to be reset and functioning properly.

Problem/question: I have my cell phone set as the telephone #1. When CO alarm on zone 17 & 18(definition 17) triggered, the telco line was seized by M1G and began calling my cell phone. Again, seems normal at this point. Problem is, I don't know how to acknowledge the report call to prevent the M1G from continuing to call. I have even resorted to power-down M1G but upon powerup, telco line seized and telephone calls resume.

Any help?

Thanks much. Will have to disconnect phone line at RJ31X until resolved.

ElkM1G

Installed two new carbon monoxide sensors on zones 17 & 18; M1XIN connected through M1DBH; enrolled and functioning properly.

Set Zone Definitions for CO sensors as 17. Immediately upon sending Zone definitions to M1G, system alarmed. I presume this is normal. Entering code at keypad silenced alarm. Entered code again to acknowledge. All seems to be reset and functioning properly.

Problem/question: I have my cell phone set as the telephone #1. When CO alarm on zone 17 & 18(definition 17) triggered, the telco line was seized by M1G and began calling my cell phone. Again, seems normal at this point. Problem is, I don't know how to acknowledge the report call to prevent the M1G from continuing to call. I have even resorted to power-down M1G but upon powerup, telco line seized and telephone calls resume.

Any help?

Thanks much. Will have to disconnect phone line at RJ31X until resolved.
As I recall, you need to push "#" (pound) on your cell phone to acknowledge. Also, there should be a setting somewhere in the configuration which limits the number of trys. I believe 2 is the default.

Right on about the # sign. When I get the call the voice says "press the # key to acknowledge". In elkrp look in the telephone folder. 5th column over is where you set the number of calls. (Attempts)

When using a zone input expander, the input state could be violated or in alarm. If you send all the settings from ELKRP to the M1, everything will be OK. If you individually change the zone definition and it was previously in alarm, it could sound the alarm. Normally test your zones before turning on the dialler.

Back