Advice on TCP/Serial for UPB

I tried one of these from Amazon:

I can't get it to work with UPB. I tried their virtual COM software and loaded UPStart. It will not connect to it.

I also tried the Home Assistant plugin. I set the baud at 4800. So not sure what else to do. Does anyone have any experience with something that does work? Thanks.

1704573886129.png

Here for UPB via Ethernet serial still using Quatech boxes, LoRa 1 watt serial transceivers and just tested the Digi UPB Ethernet PIM with HA UPB plugin.

I have Homeseer and Home Assistant running here on one box.

The LoRa wireless transceiver has been running now for a few years.

There are some Ebyte rs-232 Ethernet transceivers on Ebay reasonably priced that would work for you.

Here is one (2) on Amazon...

Long ago when I needed a lot of serial ports I used a digi. Now I only have one so I'm using a usb-serial dongle.

When I need to connect to the PIM from windows, I stop HASS and start ser2net and then connect to over ethernet.

I'm fairly sure you're going to want 9600bps (speed does matter in this case). Some of these solutions can also manage some aspect of the connection inline, so make sure you start with a basic setup as most devices don't do well with this. So try changing speed first, then try disabling some of those settings (one at a time).

Back