Another ELK wish item (RM)

Boomer

I know that ELK has many request for new features and that there are priorities. I just want to add one more to the list of requests.

I have 2 ELK-TS07 panels and may add a third. I also currently have 72 (ALC) light switches and 11 X-10 modules controlled by my M1 and will be adding more. When you go to the lighting tab of RM, I get 14 pages of lighting I have to scroll through to find the one I want. It would be great if there were a way to set up "folders" which could be labeled - Kitchen, Garage, Basement etc and then be able to assign specific lights to specific folders. Then if I wanted to turn the kitchen island lights on I could just go to the kitchen folder instead of scrolling through pages and pages. I don't know if this would be a RM item or an M1 software item.

I am soon planning to ad CQC to my system and design a client to run on the TS-07's instead of RM. But like many of us, I have more ideas than time permits to work on. The capability to organize lighting in RM or the M1, in my opinion would be a huge help.

Just wanted to add one to the many requested items and thank ELK and CT for the great info, support and suggestions.

Boomer

as long as we're wishing for things on ElkRM, how about a version that can run on 320x240 since that's the highest any cell phone has, i.e., i'd like to run ElkRM on my Windows-based cell-phone.

Being able to sort by folder/room name would definitely be a great addition. I don't have as many devices as Boomer, but I could use this already, and I know some others have mentioned this before.

Being able to sort by folder/room name would definitely be a great addition. I don't have as many devices as Boomer, but I could use this already, and I know some others have mentioned this before.

Dan and Boomer,

I writing an RM look-alike program on PowerHome that will be able to do exactly what you want. I will specifically create folders and the program runs in Windows and soon to be "Pdas". I'll followup after the beta template is released.

-=*Sharby*=-

Great idea on the light menus!

There is software available for converting 640X480 to 320X240. Send AutomatedOutlet an info request. They demonstrated it to me.

Back