Another UPB export file question

BobS0327

My UPB export file generated from UpStart shows a password of 4664 in the first exported record, the BOF record. This doesn't match what is  in the Upstart GUI Network Properties section.  The password in that section also matches the password found in PC Access but yet the Export facility of Upstart creates a export file with a password of 4664.

Also, I'm am using the most current version of Upstart that I downloaded from the PCS website.

Thus, is this a bug in the Upstart export feature or is there some reason for putting a bogus 4664 password in the export file?

If you are able to read and program your devices from upstart I wouldn't be concerned with the contents of the BOF record. It may just be that upstart uses that number as an internal check or ID of some sort. Have you asked PCS? Let us know what you learn.

Mike.

Also if you change the Network ID or the Network Password then
UPStart warns you that  all of your devices require reprogramming with this
new information.

Mike.

mikefamig said:
If you are able to read and program your devices from upstart I wouldn't be concerned with the contents of the BOF record. It may just be that upstart uses that number as an internal check or ID of some sort. Have you asked PCS? Let us know what you learn.

Mike.
I sent an email to PCS tech support this morning.  They responded, indicating that the valued entered into Upstart for the network password is a hex value but the hex value is exported as a decimal value.  IOW, the 1234 network password entered into Upstart was hex.  It was translated to a decimal value of 4660 in the export file.  I incorrectly assumed it was all decimal.

Back