any way to save/export the arm/disarm log?

WayneW

Is there any way to export the M1 arm/disarm log? Ideally, I want to get it into MS Excel. There doesn't seem to be any way to copy to clipboard, save or print to a file. I even tried creating a Windows printer called file and cannot get it to print to that. Am I missing something?

there must be a second way but I printed the log to a PDF using a free pdf creater (pdf 995) then selected all the text and pasted it into a txt document. and then imported that into excel. as a delimited document. but the only chr to seperate on is a space which dosent make it clean.

Select the printer as "Print To File" and you will get a text printout like this:

M1G Account Log
Account: test (Untitled)

Num Date Time Area Event
1 Mon 8/7/2006 22:21 1 1363 = REMOTE PROGRAMMING
2 Mon 8/7/2006 22:17 1141 = EXPANSION MODULE TROUBLE
3 Mon 8/7/2006 22:17 1141 = EXPANSION MODULE TROUBLE
4 Mon 8/7/2006 22:16 1 1142 = OUTPUT 2 SUPERVISORY TROUBLE
5 Mon 8/7/2006 22:16 1367 = SYSTEM START UP
6 Mon 8/7/2006 22:15 1367 = SYSTEM START UP

Spanky said:
Select the printer as "Print To File" and you will get a text printout like this:
Maybe using Remote Desktop interferes with printing to a file, as it always comes out on a printer. I couldn't get the info out of ElkRM (but I could display it). I will try installing ElkRP on a different machine tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know it "should" work.

IVB > Couldn't CQC handle some of this? I'm not sure how this works, but if that information is shared through the connection to CQC, then it could just be added to as it is recieved from a logging perspective, right?

I could be completely off here as I have not gotten very far on CQC yet, but just assumed something like this might be possible (may also depend on the current driver).

I've used the "Print to File" option with good results. One sets up a "Generic / Text Only" driver in windows. Ensure the Port is set to FILE:

Also, if you've a serial/XEP connection, the ld command will allow retrieval of the log, or if Global 35 is on, you should see the rows in real time, if I'm reading correctly.

Mike said:
IVB > Couldn't CQC handle some of this? I'm not sure how this works, but if that information is shared through the connection to CQC, then it could just be added to as it is recieved from a logging perspective, right?

I could be completely off here as I have not gotten very far on CQC yet, but just assumed something like this might be possible (may also depend on the current driver).
Yeah, that's where I was going with it. Trying to understand how each individual piece works and how far it product can take it before figuring out how to string together multiple bits.

Sure would be nice to have a screen inside CQC to show me (ie, the last 15 arm/disarm's, etc).

ElkRM uses the LD command in the ASCII protocol to gather the log data and then expand it to a readable format. The ASCII protocol document shows all the Events and what they are.

Any third party programmer can write a program to read the log.

If you want a nice formatted printout of the M1, ELKRP does a nice job printing an account using Crystal Reports. I keep begging for cut and paste capability. Maybe one day!

Just found out that CQC has some ODBC ability now, i'm contemplating getting one of my developer buddies to help me extract the log data to a db so I can filter/query/etc, display in CQC in a nice formatted way.

This means I could use the LD command above to dump to a db, then the CQC ODBC stuff to extract it. It is indirect, but I need indirect as I want to do some manipulation before display.

Cool stuff!

Back