Anyone have a need for someting like this?

It depends on the price. I just painted my walls with behrs siverscreen paint which is about $15 to $17 per gallon. It works ok... The fact that i cant get the wall perfectly smooth does mess up the image a little. Im thinking that the goo will probably do the same thing. From what i read if you are going to paint your screen then you should get a piece of painter canvas and paint it. When it all comes down to it paint is a cheap solution but im guessing that its no where near the quality of a real screen.

If you look at my project i even state that one of the first updates i will do when i get the money is invest in a real screen.

So if your looking into selling this paint... I'd say dont waste your time. Find a supplier for motorized screens and other types of screens and try and talk him down on price.

avsforum.com talks about the goo allot.

It depends on the price

Yep, that stuff is expensive for a DIY painting project (or maybe Im just really, really, cheap :) )
From what I remember reading, people have been happy overall, but I dont remember (keyword) reading about anyone jumping up and down over it.

So if your looking into selling this paint... I'd say dont waste your time. Find a supplier for motorized screens and other types of screens and try and talk him down on price.

Or if you can get hold of some in-tube motors for people to make their own motorized screens for 1/4 the cost... even better :)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....threadid=404555

Interesting. I've got a nice bare 20'x20' wall in the Great Room that I've considered using for a screen. At least until I get around to fininshing the basement and making a dedicated home theatre.

Yeah, I don't really have the detailed pricing but it looks like you need to do a base coat and then a top coat. Not sure how much you would need, but, if you need a litter of each, that's going to be about $140 or so.

I've never priced them, but I bet a good screen would be significantly more than the paint, so there still might be a market for it.

I can at least put it into my bag of tricks. You never know when something like this might be the answer to a problem.

Back