Anyone have walkout basement as separate area (Elk M1)?

CORT

I am thinking of asigning all the sensors (4 motion, 2 entry, 3 glass break) for my 2400 sq ft walkout basement as a separate area from the rest of my house in my Elk M1 . Right now, the basement is unfinished, and I would prefer to keep the area armed most of the time. I can put a keypad at the top of the steps going down to the basement. There is already a keypad at one of the basement exit doors. This way, I can keep the whole basement armed day and night without making things overly complicated for the rest of my family.

Thoughts? Does anyone else have their system set up this way? Anyone have an extra KP2 for sale?

I think it's a great idea. I'm planning one for a customer to keep a separate office armed even though other parts of the residence are disarmed. I would be interested on how you finally configure it.

I configured my M1G for two partitions (areas). Area 1 is the house, area 2 is a detached shop. This is basically the same thing you want to do. We keep the shop armed anytime I'm not out there. It also gives me a way to give my neighbor a user code to disarm the shop but not the home. It works great and you should have no trouble configuring your system for this.

Do you have it configured to self arm if there is no movement for XX minutes? Just in case you forget to arm it yourself.

Neither of my partitions self arm, with the exception of when we leave the house and arm it (away) - then there is a rule which arms the shop in case it was not previously armed.

Do you have it configured to self arm if there is no movement for XX minutes? Just in case you forget to arm it yourself.

Back