Anyone know about this shower valve?

SnyperBob

Hey guys,

I came across some cool pictures on the Inet and was wondering if anyone can help identify this:
DanLevitz12.jpg

I found a gaggle of images on this site:
http://www.stargateunofficial.com

Specifically, you can see them here:
http://www.stargateunofficial.com/SGU_GLis...cat=&Page=1

It looks like some sort of electronic shower mixing valve. Looks really self-contained, but I can't seem to find any information anywhere about this thing. None of the pictures have information along with them. Looks like the user can program the exact temp of the water they want:

DanLevitz09.jpg

I just wanted to see if anyone knew about this or something similar. Thanks!

I know that some instant hot water heaters use a keypad to set water temperatures where the water is going to be used. You might find what you're looking for if you look at service parts, etc. for them.

Hey guys,

I came across some cool pictures on the Inet and was wondering if anyone can help identify this:
DanLevitz12.jpg

I found a gaggle of images on this site:
http://www.stargateunofficial.com

Specifically, you can see them here:
http://www.stargateunofficial.com/SGU_GLis...cat=&Page=1

It looks like some sort of electronic shower mixing valve. Looks really self-contained, but I can't seem to find any information anywhere about this thing. None of the pictures have information along with them. Looks like the user can program the exact temp of the water they want:

DanLevitz09.jpg

I just wanted to see if anyone knew about this or something similar. Thanks!

It would be great if the keypad was rated for actually mounting in the shower. I still have walls open in our bathroom, and an electronic shower would be very tempting!

Now if only there were taps with a keypad we could go for an all digital house :)

Rob: Actually it is less than that. All most people need is the standard DTV and you can get the whole system for around $1500 (valve and keypad). Check out Designer Plumbing Outlet. There is a guy by the name of Eug that is remodeling his bathroom right now and went with the DTV. He is waiting on tile so hasn't used it yet. He got the parts at DPO (and said they were great - knowledgeable and priced right) which I found when researching it. My bathroom remodel is on hold, but I have been looking at the DTV for a while. Anyway, Eug does not come in here much, but you can send him a PM (just 'Eug') or pop into the chat room as he is usually there often.

I was a REALLY big fan of the DTV until I found out it wouldn't do what I wanted. I'm building a 2 person shower, and I was thinking I could use the DTV control and valve to set her shower to its own temp and pressure, and mine to a more reasonable level. No such luck...it doesn't allow for individual showerhead control.

But for looks alone, it's hard to beat the DTV system. Niiiiiiiice!

Who told you that? I don't have personal experience with it, but according to the manual, page 29, each user can have their own options. Temperature is certainly an option, not sure what you mean by pressure. Unless I am totally interpreting the manual wrong, I think you were given bad info. I'm going to ask Eug to take a look at this and weigh in. His is installed, but has not used it yet, waiting on tile.

Who told you that? I don't have personal experience with it, but according to the manual, page 29, each user can have their own options. Temperature is certainly an option, not sure what you mean by pressure. Unless I am totally interpreting the manual wrong, I think you were given bad info. I'm going to ask Eug to take a look at this and weigh in. His is installed, but has not used it yet, waiting on tile.

Each user can, yes. In other words, you set a temp profile, including which shower heads you want on, and then save that as your profile. Then someone else can set their own profile. But when it comes to a single user profile, it involves one temperature for all showerheads.

The answer I got was from the Kohler Answer center (wasn't getting a response from their dealer). She said:

Thank you for your interest in Kohler's DTV showering system. Although the DTV does feature a thermo-massage feature that cycles the temperature of the valve, each outlet cannot be temperature or volume controlled seperately. They are each be individually turned on and off and have thermo and hydrom massage cycling options if installed with one of our recommended installations. You can learn more online here:

I do wish I was wrong....we're looking at 2 separate shower control valve assemblies now....3 if we want a rainshower head too. At least this makes getting the steam shower assembly cheaper in comparison...

Yea, was just chatting with Eug about it. You want 2 people taking a shower at the same time, each with different temp settings. Yes, the DTV will not do that. But we decided you need a huge shower where the water will not interact, and if the shower is that big, then what's the point anyway :rolleyes:

Actual shower room isn't that big, really....about 4 ft by 6 ft by 8 ft high. At this point we're leaning towards 2 shower heads in the wall, offset by a foot or so and on opposite walls. We're still discussing getting the rainshower head in the exact middle of the room. That one we can turn on when we want to just talk (the shower has long been our discussion place, hence making one large enough for both of us now).

But we're really leaning towards a steam shower instead of the rainshower head....so maybe we'll only have 2 vales to worry about. The DTV certainly would have been overkill for this, had it done what I wished it would.

SetNet, Inc. in Greer, SC used to sell those valves and controllers. www.setnetpro.com should get you to their site.

Back