'Augmented reality'

$4000 is still a little expensive. :)

Maybe I can put together a couple servos and a laser pointer.

I spent quite a bit of time with Microvision evaluating their Nomad device. It is an interesting technology.

It makes the background of the image clear, and all lines are then made red. Choice of red as that color doesn't appear often in nature, so there is less chance that when it is superimposed over the real world, that there won't be contrast.

It works currently at 800x600. With a Ce based touchpad for navigation and some arrow keys.

It does not work with servos. The technology they are using is proprietary. They are also working on HUDs for autos as well using same technology.

Same company produces the FlicScanner which is an inexpensive bluetooth optical barcode scanner that works great for kitchen inventory and DVD entry.

that's some cool info, I really look forward to owning one of these myself someday. How much is that bar code scanner?

DavidL said:
It does not work with servos. The technology they are using is proprietary.
Just a joke. I'm not planning on looking into a laser pointer, either.

Flicscanner is $200 retail for bluetooth. They also have dockable and wired ones for somethinglike $100. Probably the best cheap scanners I have used. I am more used to the $1000 plus ones for more industrial purposes. I have two Telxon wireless ones (not sure what frequency type) that work great too.

"Just a joke. I'm not planning on looking into a laser pointer, either"

With this group, you never know :)

Back