Avermedia or GeoVision?

Helheim

Which is better for the money for a DVR card? I was thinking about either the GV-1240 or AVerDiGi Hybrid NV7000.

Thanks.

Helheim,

I am using an Avermedia NV3000 DVR card and am very impressed with its capabilities especially the GUI.

Regards,
TCIII

are you able to use another program while the NV3000 is recording away on that same PC?

My NV5000 software (should be identical to the other packages) can either run minimized or full screen (on top, so it turns the pc into a kiosk). I have it installed on my active directory server without any issues.

I am running a Geo 1240 (8 cams). I have been very happy with the I/O, and RS 485 control that you can "add on" to the Geo system using the Geo Net-I/O card with the 1240 DVR card.

I have been able to "tie in" my security camera system to X-Lobby and my Elk M1 via this extra capability. Press a button in X-Lobby and see the camera zoom to the front gate. Trip a zone alarm in the M1, and have the camera system respond in whatever way you set up. Etc.

To me, this is IMPORTANT and is what i want with home automation. In all fairness, I am NOT terribley familair with the other package.

Helheim,
Prior to deciding on a Geo system, I spent a number of months stalking this forum: CCTVforum

Geo is as popular over there as the Elk M1 system is over here at CocoonTech ;) .

Anyway, to answer your questions, 30 FPS/cam is the max for any good DVR card I have seen (but I am NOT an expert). Geo recorded video is just like watching TV, NO jerky motion. Realtime display is the same.

I use two types of cams. The fixed cams are KT&C N600H1's. This is a high resolution, day/night bullet. DO NOT be confused with many of the cheaper/lesser quality bullets out there (you WILL be sorry you spent money on them). Again, check out the CCTV forum for cam feedback.

The other cam I use is a Samsung SCC-931T. It is an outdoor vandal-proof dome that ZOOMs, but it does not pan or tilt (I didn't need P/T).

Hope this helps.

Smarty said:
I use two types of cams. The fixed cams are KT&C N600H1's. This is a high resolution, day/night bullet. DO NOT be confused with many of the cheaper/lesser quality bullets out there (you WILL be sorry you spent money on them). Again, check out the CCTV forum for cam feedback.
Smarty,
How's the image quality of your KT&C N600H1 camera? I am thinking of getting the N600H2, but I am concern about the daytime color picture quality. Thanks.

Judge for yourself (see attachments). Both picts actually look better on screen (on the Geo system). In order to take these screen shots, I had to turn OFF the DSP overlay setting (Digital Signal Processing). The DSP makes the pictures looks even better.

Attachments

• samsung.jpg
    samsung.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 53
XLobby (free :angry: ) not MainLobby.

Warning: Slightly convoluted, but 100% reliable (and fast).

XLobby has a very nice (free) plugin for the Elk M1. From this plugin I can control all the Elk outputs; 4 of which I have set up to feed into the GV-NetIO card. The NetIO card has 4 inputs (controlled by XLobby via the Elk), 4 outputs that XLobby can read from the Elk, and RS485 control (for camera PTZ functions).

Geo recognizes the Net-IO card, and has an I/O configuration window that allows you to "assign meaning" to the I/O items (just basic stuff like preset zoom, alarm outputs, trigger recording, etc). From the items above, that is how Xlobby can "control" my Geo system.

Now, your question may have also meant to ask how XLobby can display the Geo live or recorded feed. In both cases, I open up a browser window and point the browser at the IP address of my Geo machine. I only open a partial browser window (XLobby still shows on one side of my screen), and leave room for my X-Lobby buttons that I have built for whatever my IO button are programmed to do.

Geo has a NICE built in web server that provides you with multiple different options.

Hope this help

Back