Avermedia or GeoVision?

Where did you purchase your Geovision card and software? What ports does the web interface use? Can the Geovision software create/email jpegs when motion is detected? Thx.

1) The web interface can be set up to use any port number you want.

2) Yes, Geo can mail you a snapshot when motion is detected. Can even have it send you SMS messages if you have an SMS modem (or use SMS e-mail from your cell phone provider).

3) I bought my card (supplied with software and pigtail cables) from a reputable dealer in CCTV forum. There are many fakes out there. Fakes WILL cause you upgrade issues.

IMHO......
If security is important to you and you want the best, it will cost you (in this case) about $700-800 for a GV-1240 8 cam card (I haven't priced them in a while...maybe cheaper now???). Ouch!!!

Caught you Smarty. :(

If you guys have Geovision questions feel free to shoot me message.

[email protected]

I am an authorized dealer and a general technology junky, I won't spam the boards with junk posts but if it's CCTV and you want it I can get it.

Avermedia and Geovision are both very good professional grade products, either will proably suit the needs of you guys. There are also other products that may be better bang for the buck as most of you do not have mission critial CCTV needs.

I am branching into home automation as well so I will learning from you guys as much as you guys learn from me.

Have fun and keep tinkering!

Back