Bedroom TV Wall Mount Height

Monk

Does anyone here have a wall mounted widescreen TV in their bedroom? How high do you have it mounted?

I will probably have mine mounted before anyone has a chance to respond - right now it looks like 56" from the bottom of the TV to the floor is going to be it.

This is a 42" tv that will be viewed from bed almost always at a distance of about 12 feet.

Does anyone here have a wall mounted widescreen TV in their bedroom? How high do you have it mounted?

I will probably have mine mounted before anyone has a chance to respond - right now it looks like 56" from the bottom of the TV to the floor is going to be it.

This is a 42" tv that will be viewed from bed almost always at a distance of about 12 feet.

I have a smaller one (22") at 62" from the floor. That's high enough that we don't have to strain our necks to look down towards our feet too much to see it. 12' viewing distance also.

I have a smaller one (22") at 62" from the floor. That's high enough that we don't have to strain our necks to look down towards our feet too much to see it. 12' viewing distance also.
Thanks for the quick reply! I got my coffee workin and am going nuts with the tape measure - am up to 60" from the floor right now and still have another cup to go before I commit....

Ours is 52" from bottom of screen to floor. It fits the room decor/layout, but I sure wouldn't mind if it was higher.

Thanks all.

After much anxiety / second guessing and general obsessing, I decided on 58 inches. It is hard to say exactly how well it is going to fit with the room after the new bedroom furniture arrives next week - but - it looks great whilst laying in bed!

Now for the new power outlet & LV wire boxes

The wife and I just repainted the bedroom.. and replaced and updated a bit. I will be hanging a 26 inch LCD in our room soon. I had planned on hanging it at picture height... [about 66" at center]. I think this will make it less likely to be noticed. And the height is about right to get the picture in the upper part of our progressive lens glasses while not having to bend our necks uncomfortablity.

I am also using a swingarm/tilting mount.

This would depend on the height of your bed also. My bed is over 3 feet high so the tv has to that much higher also.

When the old 36 inch tube TV died. I had hoped to mount the new living room LCD over the fireplace. The position seemed a bit high.. maybe.. but doable. However she-that-must-be-obeyed said no.

Back