Best touchscreen/UMPC for HAI

ccap

Hello all,

I want to add HAI control to a touchscreen or UMPC to my kitchen. I want to place it on the island and that way I can have touchscreen control of my HAI unit and hopefully integrate it to my CAV6.6
what is a good unit for this? I also want to use it to view TV either by using slingbox or another way.

Thanks all

ccap,
Samsung's new Q1 with SSD memory (no rotating disk hard drive) is probably the best performance unit out there. Very fast boot time and because no rotating parts, less energy used which means less heat, which means less cooling fan on so less noise.
Not cheap, but the best.

Second to that would be their standard Q1 which does have a hard drive.

If you need a docking station, the TabletKiosk UMPCs are great too.

If you then need software to control the HAI, Cinemar now has scenes designed for the UMPC to do just that that comes with the MainLobby purchase. You would just need to add the MLHAI plugin to talk to your panel, and then do a few hours of configuration to map the existing MainLobby scenes to your lighting control system and you will have a gorgeous interface for your kitchen.

Hello all,

I want to add HAI control to a touchscreen or UMPC to my kitchen. I want to place it on the island and that way I can have touchscreen control of my HAI unit and hopefully integrate it to my CAV6.6
what is a good unit for this? I also want to use it to view TV either by using slingbox or another way.

Thanks all

Can you send me some screen shots and further description on this product??

ccap,
Samsung's new Q1 with SSD memory (no rotating disk hard drive) is probably the best performance unit out there. Very fast boot time and because no rotating parts, less energy used which means less heat, which means less cooling fan on so less noise.
Not cheap, but the best.

Second to that would be their standard Q1 which does have a hard drive.

If you need a docking station, the TabletKiosk UMPCs are great too.

If you then need software to control the HAI, Cinemar now has scenes designed for the UMPC to do just that that comes with the MainLobby purchase. You would just need to add the MLHAI plugin to talk to your panel, and then do a few hours of configuration to map the existing MainLobby scenes to your lighting control system and you will have a gorgeous interface for your kitchen.

Hello all,

Thanks all

Here is a recent forum post with one of the scenes (Lighting) that comes with Mainlobby 3 that was designed for a UMPC
http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/forum/v...6&start=165

There are sliding menus to navigate to the rest of your home and it's media and automation features. This is to maximize usage of the smaller UMPC screen. The UMPC hard buttons are also usable by the MainLobby automation software so the Up / Down can be used by MainLobby to change your TV channel. Much better than clicking on a touchscreen button for repetitive tasks.

As the TabletKiosk also has an embedded camera, you can also use the new MLMediaStream product to stream the video to another PC in the home. Cool, inexpensive Video conference solution.

You can find much more information on Cinemar's website
http://www.cinemaronline.com

And, more detailed information on Cinemar's new documentation Wiki
cinemaronlineforums DOT com/wiki

Back