Bosch Blue Line Gen2 12m Motion Detector Wiring

RLSinOP

Hi, based on several recommendations, I bought some Bosch Blue Line Gen2 Pet Friendly TriTech 12m (40 ft) Range Motion Detectors.  I pulled 22/4 wire through the new home I'm building.  I'd like to give these a try on my bench before I install them.  I opened one up to wire it and have some questions.  The instructions that came with them use pictures rather than words, which isn't very helpful.  There are 6 screws to attach wires to.  They're marked as follows:

-  +  NC  NC  T  T

I get the minus (-) and plus (+), but I'm not sure where to connect the two wires that go to the proper zone in my ELK M1 Gold panel.

Probably a simple answer if I knew more about terminating wires and electrical nomenclature, but I don't.

Any help would be most appreciated.

The power goes to the minus and plus as you have surmised.  The contacts that open on motion would be the NC and NC.  The two 'T' connections are for tamper detection (trigger alarm if someone tries to open the device.

You can ignore the tamper protection if you want and just wire the two NC's to your Elk zone.  Use the EOL resistors as appropriate to your setup (if you are using them).

If you want to incorporate the tamper protection, I would just wire that in series with your motion zone.  You would do this by connecting one NC to your Elk Zone, the other NC to one of the "T", and the other "T" to the other Elk zone terminal.

Thanks very much for the explanation BSR.  I'll dig into the manual on EOL resistors, but can you (or someone) give me a brief overview of when to use them and when not to?

Most users forgo the tamper and resistor in interior applications, to keep it simple. I did.

One other thing on this unit, it works great, but for smaller rooms/spaces, it has some blinds spots. The Instruction sheet should explain the range well. It has a foil you can remove to give you increased coverage under unit, but i think it is not reversible (once you remove, can't put foil back).

Bosch has great info online so you pick the unit for specific conditions in your space. I think it was a chart, or maybe a web base program where you fill in info. I forget.

First off - New to this site and glad I found this place.  I too have a question with the wiring for my Bosch Blue Line Gen 2 motion sensor.  I am replacing some outdated Bravo motion sensors with these Bosch ones.

Currently my Bravo is wired up with the yellow wire to NC and green wire to C
The wiring for the Bosch is like I saw in the other posts with - + NC NC T T
I don't plan on using the T T like I saw suggested to keep this simple

My question is do I simply place the yellow wire to the first NC and green wire to the second NC on the Bosch?  Would I need to make any changes at the alarm panel?

When I bought the Bosch I was under the impression I would simply remove and replace the old one and be done, is this the case?  

Back