Need help with Bosch Motion Detectors

nemesis

I could really use some help with my Bosch motion detectors which I am trying to put in a brand new install.  I am using Bosch ISC-PDL1-W18G TriTech Motion Detectors.  This is going in an HAI OmniPro II install utilizing EOLRs.  I am trying to fire up my first motion and have been completely unsuccessful.  I am not using any of the advanced features of the detector right now (tamper, alarm memory, trouble, etc.).  I simply have 4 wires hooked to it (+, -, Al, Al).  I do have an EOLR in line.  I have the following dip switch settings set:

1  -  On  (to perform walk test)
     2  -  On
     3  -  On
     4  -  Off

When power is first applied to the detector, it flashes blue during its warm up.  Once the blue light stops flashing for warm up, my OmniPro shows a Status of "Not Ready" with a Loop value of ~251 in PC Access.  The zone never switches to secure.  If I walk, jump, etc. in front of the detector the led does not light up even though the walk test is on.  If I watch the values in the Omni, the Status remains "Not Ready" the entire time and the Loop value remains ~251.

As a test to rule out a wire short issue I have rigged a second detector up right by my panel.  I see the exact same behavior from this detector.  As a test of the high Loop value I removed the EOLR from the test detector.  This had no effect on the Status (still states "Not Ready", however had a strange effect on the Loop value.  If there is no movement in front of the detector it now has a Loop value of ~127.  If I move in front of the detector the led on the detector does not light up however the Loop value does change to ~251.  This tells me it is detecting the motion.  However, for some reason it is not activating the led for the walk test.

Any ideas of what could be causing these issues?  I am out of ideas to test.  Thank you for your help.  Below I have linked the manuals.  They are not a lot of help.

http://resource.boschsecurity.com/documents/Installation_Guide_enUS_2608789771.pdf

http://download.homesecuritystore.com/downloadmanual.aspx?FileName=ISC-PDL1-W18_Spec.pdf

I have to apologize, I have been working on this issue for two days with no luck.  Taking the time to write it out and reread it a half dozen times gave me a new idea right after posting.  I was using the Spare terminal block for my EOLR and had blindly assumed that the two terminals were connected.  They are not.  This has resolved my Status and Loop issues.

I am still struggling with why the Walk Test is not working.  Any ideas why the led is not lighting up for the walk test?  Again, I have Dip Switch 1 set to "On".  Thank you!

nemesis said:
I have to apologize, I have been working on this issue for two days with no luck.  Taking the time to write it out and reread it a half dozen times gave me a new idea right after posting.  I was using the Spare terminal block for my EOLR and had blindly assumed that the two terminals were connected.  They are not.  This has resolved my Status and Loop issues.

I am still struggling with why the Walk Test is not working.  Any ideas why the led is not lighting up for the walk test?  Again, I have Dip Switch 1 set to "On".  Thank you!
I'm not familiar with this particular sensor, but some sensors require you to wait after power-up to start walking and/or require a delay in between each motion detection event.

Yes - the power up is about 2 minutes on that one; and you don't have anything connected to the WT terminal do you?   As long as that switch is on and there's nothing connected to WT and you've waited at least 2 minutes, you should be seeing the lights come on as it detects you.  Red for PIR, Yellow for Microwave, and Blue for Both.

Thank you for the help so far, but something is still off with these.  The blue led did flash during the two minute warm-up cycle, but has not lit up since.  I have now had two of the motions hooked up for several days.  I still have the following dip switches flipped on:

1 - On (to perform walk test)
2 - On
3 - On
4 - Off

I do not have any wires attached to the WT terminal.  The only wires that are attached are as follows:

-  -  Connected to Negative Terminal of external power source (6 amp Altronix unit) (Negative is tied to Ground on expansion enclosure)
+  -  Connected to Positive Terminal of relay driven power source (Output controlling relay is set as "Switched")
AL  -  Connected to Positive side of Zone
AL  -  Connected to 1k Ohm Resistor.  Resistor connects to spare terminal.  Spare terminal joins resistor with Negative side of Zone.
T  -  Not connected.
T  -  Not connected.
WT  -  Not connected.
S/U  -  Not connected.
TR  -  Not connected.
TR  -  Not connected.

I have powered off the system a couple of times in the last several days.  Each time the motions blink during their warm-up, but never after that.  They are however definitely catching motion.  I have tested them several times.  They do set the alarm off, they just do not activate their led lights (the walk test has been left enabled the entire time).  This is not a make or break issue as they are actually working.  It would just be really nice to be able to test the other 14 that I have to install utilizing a walk test as opposed to having to arm the alarm, trigger the motion, and disarm each time.  Thank you for any help that you can provide.

So, this probably sounds stupid, but have you double-checked the dip switches?  I've seen some that are misleading as to what's ON vs. OFF... and it looks like you wouldn't notice if you were actually totally backwards because the sensor would still be working as it is, but the lights would be disabled.

Try reversing them for a test?

Finally had a chance to reverse all of the Dip Switches.  No luck.  They appear to be right in the configuration that I had them in at first.  As stated earlier, the sensors are working as they should, the only feature that I can find that is not working (of the ones that I am using) is the Walk Test.  I have no idea why this is not working.

Back