Bought a house have an Omni Pro 2 lots of questions

Pass through only to a TV screen, the screens just show a blank
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:596]

In regards to the screen not lighting up today, I asked my wife who leaves after I do for work, she said the screen was working, it must have intermittent issues. I know I have used that screen before and it will beep quickly then show a "dos" like screen and go back to normal.

I'm little scared to update any of them, after hearing about your brick, but I really want the audio button on the screen so I can use the Russound once I get the proper connector for the HAI system. 

For some reason I don't have the audio button in the my screen, I've never seen any pictures online of screens without it. Do you know if it just appears once Russound is connected?
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:595]

I talked to a local dealer for HAI about a week back and he told me if I'm thinking about replacing the screens go with iPad minis instead. I would assume they would be connected wireless like Snaplink type software. I would also assume I would need at least one HAI console still active.
pete_c said:
Well if you can see an analog camera to a screen that is good.  Are you referring to an Omnitouch screen or just a video monitor connected to the pass through?

The video encoder just talks to two wires on the omnitouch connection.

I never really played much with the 3.5" screens, reversed the power to it and busted it, then I updated some smd chips and started to play with the firmware and bricked it.  It could be that you just need to replace the LCD screen on yours if it beeps?

I originally liked the tiny basic footprint of the screens.

The serial video takes a bit to come up and it is a little bit pixelated; occassionly its sometime more than a few seconds; especially if the network interface is on a network with a bunch of devices.  (IE: that happened to me - wierd but it did mess much with the serial comm etc).

Its a plug n play connection.

Test one of the screens with a short cable between the video/HSTouch hub and the touchscreen and see what happens.  Before testing unplug network connection and do a soft reboot of the panel.  Test every video input port on the Omnitouch video hub while playing.

If you want to test a bit; just purchase the Snaplink software and put it on whatever device you want; wintel, android or apple and see how you like it.

Here I have kept legacy serial stuff connected to the HAI OPII panel and playing now with the Omnitouch Pro software and Snaplink. 

For some reason I don't have the audio button in the my screen, I've never seen any pictures online of screens without it. Do you know if it just appears once Russound is connected?

Personally I never paid attention. 

The audio button appears on both the Omnitouch 5.7 and Omnitouch 5.7e's and Omnitouch Pro software and Snaplink software.

element2050 said:
I sure do appericate the help, from guys like you helping me out I'm finally starting to get a hold of the terms and options! This makes more sense, I noticed in PC access the zone list of sensors has the Away Int next to the motion sensors. I don't see a choice for Night and Away though. I want the lower level on when armed away and armed night. I might have to arm as away and bypass the upstairs sensors it sounds like.

I wonder if I could  write a code that when armed as away after 10PM bypass all the upstairs motion sensors? Or is this possible when armed as night "enable" (Not sure if the command is there) the lower level motion sensor?

Since we are on the zone subject, all my doors are selected as X4 entry X2 entry X4 entry any idea what this means?

I would say get upgraded to 3.x and then let's take a look... a LOT has changed from the old firmware you have now.

You can most certainly write code to automatically bypass and restore zones.  If you want things to happen within a certain time range you set up a "time clock".  It would look like:

WHEN ARM AWAY
AND IF TIME CLOCK 1 ENABLED
THEN PROGRAM BYPASS ZONE 1

WHEN OFF
THEN PROGRAM RESTORE ZONE 1

Swap out Zone 1 for your motion sensor.... and set up Time Clock 1 as the time range you want those sensors auto-bypassed.  Note that this won't just auto-bypass them if the alarm is already on and 10PM rolls around, this condition is only checked when you arm the alarm initially.  If you want the upstairs motion to bypass at 10PM no matter what, you would use a time trigger.

As for the x2 and x4, that doubles or quadruples the entry delay to get to a keypad and disable the alarm.  Useful for things like garage doors, since you need to park, get out of the car, get into the house and then finally get to a keypad and disarm.

Did a little DIY, wired the Russound CAA66 via an extra Cat5E that was already (prob close to 50 foot run no issues via RS232 style)

DB9 Male connector to the Russound and an RJ24 6p6c using only the middle four pins to the board. The Cat5e; I wired it as a crossover cable. For some reason this info I couldn't find anywhere. Thought I'd make phyical post for the next DIY guy.

Booted up PC Access; picked the port I connected it to under the expainsion section and used baud rate (9600). Pretty much plug and play from there. Now I have the audio button on all the touchscreens, works flawless.
pete_c said:
The serial video takes a bit to come up and it is a little bit pixelated; occassionly its sometime more than a few seconds; especially if the network interface is on a network with a bunch of devices.  (IE: that happened to me - wierd but it did mess much with the serial comm etc).

Its a plug n play connection.

Test one of the screens with a short cable between the video/HSTouch hub and the touchscreen and see what happens.  Before testing unplug network connection and do a soft reboot of the panel.  Test every video input port on the Omnitouch video hub while playing.

If you want to test a bit; just purchase the Snaplink software and put it on whatever device you want; wintel, android or apple and see how you like it.

Here I have kept legacy serial stuff connected to the HAI OPII panel and playing now with the Omnitouch Pro software and Snaplink. 

Personally I never paid attention. 

The audio button appears on both the Omnitouch 5.7 and Omnitouch 5.7e's and Omnitouch Pro software and Snaplink software.

I found out the Omnistat was programed as well (like a tradtional stat would be), The OmniPro would set the temp than if the Omnistat would have a time change trigger and change temp again to what was program in the Omnistat. It was a simple fix, I went to the Omnistat, went to the mode program button and changed all the times to --:-- its between 11:45PM and 12:00AM. Once all the days are set to this the Omnistat stopped running its own program. I now only have the Omnipro running code that I wrote via PC access. Hope this helps the next guy.
ano said:
I've programed rules for the temperature in the house via the touchscreens (change temp at this time etc) but the Omnistat doesn't seem to care. I can change the temp and use hold on the touchscreen and it will work, but other than that the omnistat seems to run its own program. The omnistat does say remote on it. Any tips on this?

Not likely the Omnistat is running the program, most likely the Omni is. Get the PC Access software.

I found out the Camera 255 that the touchscreens display is a error code, basically means your video encoder is garbage and that you need a new one. IE save yourself money, don't replace the board, and do an IP camera setup now.

element2050 said:
Pass through only to a TV screen, the screens just show a blank

In regards to the screen not lighting up today, I asked my wife who leaves after I do for work, she said the screen was working, it must have intermittent issues. I know I have used that screen before and it will beep quickly then show a "dos" like screen and go back to normal.

I'm little scared to update any of them, after hearing about your brick, but I really want the audio button on the screen so I can use the Russound once I get the proper connector for the HAI system. 

I talked to a local dealer for HAI about a week back and he told me if I'm thinking about replacing the screens go with iPad minis instead. I would assume they would be connected wireless like Snaplink type software. I would also assume I would need at least one HAI console still active.

Great news on the Russound.

Yeah here I switched many of the cameras to IP.  To see them on the Legacy screen I still utilize the video hub but only for the legacy cams.

Not really sure how to do an IP camera thing with the Omnitouch 5.7's as these are using serial analog camera views.

Back