Calling all Ademco, CADDX, and HAI owners ...

I don't believe this will get any takers but here goes anyway ...

If you own a suitable brand of security panel, and you have a free hour or two, I'd appreciate it if you could perform a few tests for me.

I'm writing an ELK M1 driver for Premise Home Control and I've encountered a few Premise parameters whose purpose is unclear. You can help me by connecting your security panel to Premise (using its existing drivers) and watching what the parameters do.

You qualify to carry out this test if you own a security panel from:
  • Ademco (Apex Destiny 6100)
  • CADDX (NX-4/6/8/8E)
  • HAI (Omni LT, Omni, Omni Pro, Omni Pro II)
and the panel has an available serial port (or Ethernet port).

Basically, you'll exercise the panel by arming/disarming it, triggering zones, etc. You'll observe what is written in four parameters and post your results.

Any volunteers?

PS
If there are volunteers, I'll post the instructions for connecting a security panel to Premise.

Frunple, thanks for volunteering!

Installation
Download Premise from here, install it, and run the Premise Home Wizard (executes automatically upon a fresh installation). The Home Wizard will ask you for:
  1. Security Setting (pick None)
  2. Building Type (pick Medium House)
  3. Customize Environment (skip it; click Next)
  4. Choose Equipment (pick your security panel's brand, Ademco, CADDX, or HAI)
  5. Automation Scenarios (pick AutomationBrowser and LocationInfo)
  6. Click Finish
Installation is done!

Driver Configuration
Now you need to prep your security panel. I'll use Ademco in the following example:
  1. Click Devices in the Shortcut Bar (i.e. the vertical menu on the left-hand side).
  2. Right-click Ademco and select New > ApexDestiny6100
  3. Click ApexDestiny6100. In the Properties window, find the Network property and click its browse button ("...").
  4. Navigate to Devices > SerialPorts > COM1 (or whatever serial port you are using). Connect your panel to your PC using an appropriate serial cable. If you plan to use an Ethernet port, refer to the related section in the Reference Manual.
  5. For the Ademco panel, enable the Synchronize and SyncZoneNames properties. This driver will poll the panel and acquire its current status.
The driver is good to go!

Testing the Panel
  1. In the Explorer window, navigate to: Devices > Ademco > ApexDestiny6100 > Partitions > Partition_1.
  2. In the Properties window, scroll down to the SecurityHistory section.
  3. Exercise the panel by arming/disarming it, triggering zones, etc. and record whatever is written to the following properties:
  • LastStateChange
  • LastZoneTriggered
  • LastFunction
  • StatusLastFunction

Let me know if you get stuck along the way and I'll give you a hand.

Back