Camera DVRs

AutomatedOutlet

OK, my high-end supplier (VisionTec) now has some really neat camera DVRs available. Just curios if anyone has any experience with them and what your thoughts are. They come in 1 and 4 channel models and also have the built-in webserver. It uses an 80 GB hot swappable hard drive.

Here's a link for the 4 channel model: http://dbs.mywebstand.com/VisionTech/product/files/vdvr4.pdf

They aren't cheap (list for 1 channel, $1,600 - 4 channel $2,100 - of course my prices will be much less), but any comments are welcome!

Thanks,

Martin

They look pretty good Martin and should be easy to interface to.

Speaking of camera webservers, did you get a chance to see my How-to on Setting Up No-IP? I know you had asked about using this for some camera webservers you had.

If you need any help please feel free to ask! :lol:

Yes, I did see that. Thank you so much for that. I'll try that as soon as I get all of my stuff moved in a couple of weeks to the new office.

Great Martin. Feel free to "red-line" it for me so I can make it better :lol: .

Hey, can you post some pics of your new office after your moved in? I think some people would be curious to see your new place.

Sure, I'll do that although I think it will be a work in progress for a while. It's not going to be that big - about 1000 square feet and I'll store most of my inventory elsewhere. With all of the talk on the HS board about user meetings etc, I think we're going to have one in my office in about 2 months. We'll nail it down probably next week. A few of us here in the Dallas area are going to meet for a beer next week to fugure stuff like that out. I thought it would be kind of neat because I'm planning of having a lot of demo and test stuff there for people to play with...

Back