Camera - IP or ???

I know this is a super old post, but does anyone have these OnQ/Greyfox cameras??? I just got a bunch of new/old stock Onq stuff and wanted to talk to others that are using it?
I have 4 ON-Q/Greyfox Cameras and for what I use them for, I am very Happy. I have attached a picture from the Internet of a cloudy day at a Lake house. I also have 2 Canon VB-C50ir and a D-Link camera at this location. Canon's are great. D-Link is OK.

Nice pic Len. Do you have the IP video server as well?

I have 6 of the Leviton cameras that connect in the same way as the OnQ ones. They are ok...for home security, but they aren't great. I recently installed a bunch of Acti IP megapixel cameras at my work, and they are amazing. I am messing around with one at home now to see about swapping my Leviton cameras out.

My Leviton ones basically connected to the camera hub using a Cat5 cable, and were powered over the same cable. Each camera hub could power 4 cameras, and has its own power supply.

That sound similiar to how the OnQ/greyfox is. Each camera module can do up to 4 cameras. I wonder if the Leviton stuff is compatible with the Onq?

I know this is a super old post, but does anyone have these OnQ/Greyfox cameras??? I just got a bunch of new/old stock Onq stuff and wanted to talk to others that are using it?
I have 4 ON-Q/Greyfox Cameras and for what I use them for, I am very Happy. I have attached a picture from the Internet of a cloudy day at a Lake house. I also have 2 Canon VB-C50ir and a D-Link camera at this location. Canon's are great. D-Link is OK.

Yes I have the Greyfox IP Server.

Yes I have the Greyfox IP Server.

Cool! So I do, just don't have it hooked up yet. I'm so glad to find a place where people have these. I've searched the internet for hours looking for a forum for Onq/greyfox stuff and there isn't know anywhere.

Here is what I have and am in the process of hooking up:

IP Video Server
4 color cams
2 B&W cams
2 camera modules (for control of up to 8 cameras)
one 3.5 lcd screen w lcd module
1 ch fm modulator

What else do you have in your setup?

Jason,

I have:
4- Color bullet Cameras
1 Video module
4 Modulators ( Video can be viewed on any TV in House )

2 - Canon VB-c50ir ( IP Server built in)

1 - D-Link Wireless Color Camera ( Built in Server also )

Since the OnQ Video module has 4 inputs you will have 6 Cameras you will have to connect 3 from one of the Video modules direct to 3 inputs on the IP Video server and 3 from the other Video module Output that shows all 3 Cameras one at a time on the Combined Output to the last Input on the IP Server. Or how else are you doing it?

Since the OnQ Video module has 4 inputs you will have 6 Cameras you will have to connect 3 from one of the Video modules direct to 3 inputs on the IP Video server and 3 from the other Video module Output that shows all 3 Cameras one at a time on the Combined Output to the last Input on the IP Server. Or how else are you doing it?

Cool! I think I get what you are saying. I don't know if I really need to see all 6 cameras on the IP server, I thought I could only see 4, but you gave a good idea. I think what you are saying is, hook 3 cameras to the IP server, and the 4th would be the rotating input of the other cameras, so then you could actually see all 6?

Also, do you have an Iphone? If you do, you can see your cameras easily with this app: http://eyeseeu.ecaste.com/Welcome.html

Cool! I think I get what you are saying. I don't know if I really need to see all 6 cameras on the IP server, I thought I could only see 4, but you gave a good idea. I think what you are saying is, hook 3 cameras to the IP server, and the 4th would be the rotating input of the other cameras, so then you could actually see all 6?

Also, do you have an Iphone? If you do, you can see your cameras easily with this app: http://eyeseeu.ecaste.com/Welcome.html
Yes that will work. Don't have Iphone yet. Will pickup Itouch soon. Whole house is setup with Insteon , Russound and the 7 Cameras, so would like to get ekeypad pro and see how that works. Good luck on your project.

Ok. Not sure if you are familiar with the greyfox 3.5" lcd's? That work off Cat5. Wondering if I should buy more of those, or just buy some 25" lcd's for the places I want to view the cameras in the house?

Ok. Not sure if you are familiar with the greyfox 3.5" lcd's? That work off Cat5. Wondering if I should buy more of those, or just buy some 25" lcd's for the places I want to view the cameras in the house?
I do not use lcds to view. I modulate all 4 on Q and send them via rg6 to all tv's in the House. This works fine for me.

thanks for this helpful thread! I was also wondering are GreyFox modules compatible with On-q cameras and their modules?
Basically can you mix Greyfox modules to work with the 7" LCD screen ha5000-wh?

thanks for this helpful thread! I was also wondering are GreyFox modules compatible with On-q cameras and their modules?
Basically can you mix Greyfox modules to work with the 7" LCD screen ha5000-wh?

Yes, they are. I think you can get it to work with the 7" screen, but you may need the lcd power module for that specific screen, as the one for the 3.5" won't work.

I do not use lcds to view. I modulate all 4 on Q and send them via rg6 to all tv's in the House. This works fine for me.

Len, will these ONq cameras work with any other brand equipment? Just wondering. There is a lot of new stuff that uses h264 video, etc. Just wondering. I got a heck of a deal on this stuff, but never really checked into any other brands, etc.

Another good question, is what DVR solution will you use and what does it support? Sometimes, this may determine what kind of cameras you need to look for.

Len, will these ONq cameras work with any other brand equipment? Just wondering. There is a lot of new stuff that uses h264 video, etc. Just wondering. I got a heck of a deal on this stuff, but never really checked into any other brands, etc.

What other equipment do you mean? Using the Camera module you can take the video of any of the cameras and do whatever you want.

I might be wrong but it seems that On-Q Legrand F2299 Indoor/outdoor Bullet Cameras are like POE camera. It doesn't use any Internet IP anything but just rather uses the CAT5 cable to send camera signals and power.

Therefore can you basically use any camera such as POE type, or the other types of cameras that uses Cat 5 cable but not IP cameras? Or even modify the ones that uses BNC connections and modify them by splicing the wire to use CAT 5?

Basically will other cameras work with ONQ systems like the On-Q CM7644 2 Location Color camera kit?

Back