Camera's Best for my setup?

pete_c said:
Set the Type to JPEG and FPS in PCA to Five and it should be fine.

I have tested the JPG captures this way with direct connected Grandstream IP HD Cameras.
thanx you ..you r genius.. it actually finally working on my omni touch 7.. but on snaplink app its not working yet

I use Snaplink for Windows.  It has not been updated.

That said configure your browser to be able to stream RTSP and utilize that stream for Snaplink for Windows.

pete_c said:
I use Snaplink for Windows.  It has not been updated.

That said configure your browser to be able to stream RTSP and utilize that stream for Snaplink for Windows.
I m using snaplink on my andriod phone and how do i configure browser for rtsp Stream?

Yup the CCTV stuff in PCA is sort of hokey pokey (today's word(s) of the day)

For remote access you might want to consider an NVR.  This is easier to configure for WAN access because typically its one IP for many camera views or one set of rules on the firewall. 

Multiple cameras / IPs are sort of a PITA to configure on a firewall.  Note too that your home network to WAN IP streaming 1080 video might now work that well in internetlandia.

So you might want to create a baby size streaming picture if using an NVR (doubling your NVR stuff - little and big picture of each camera)

Even better and less loosey goosey is to use a VPN tunnel; something like OpenVPN; then you don't have to bother with the individual rules on the firewall.

The home is "shaking today" as it is really windy and it sounds like the bricks are rattling.  (well shutters for sure are rattling).

windyday.jpg

pete_c said:
Yup the CCTV stuff in PCA is sort of hokey pokey (today's word(s) of the day)

For remote access you might want to consider an NVR.  This is easier to configure for WAN access because typically its one IP for many camera views or one set of rules on the firewall. 

Multiple cameras / IPs are sort of a PITA to configure on a firewall.  Note too that your home network to WAN IP streaming 1080 video might now work that well in internetlandia.

So you might want to create a baby size streaming picture if using an NVR (doubling your NVR stuff - little and big picture of each camera)

Even better and less loosey goosey is to use a VPN tunnel; something like OpenVPN; then you don't have to bother with the individual rules on the firewall.

The home is "shaking today" as it is really windy and it sounds like the bricks are rattling.  (well shutters for sure are rattling).

attachicon.gif
windyday.jpg
i can access nvr on my smartphone but in a different hik vision cctv app..i did port forwarding to view it online inside nd outside.. is there any way i can use nvr url address in pca software to make it work on omni touch nd also snaplink can actually play cameras on my phone... thing is that i have to switch snaplink app to cctv app to view cameras..is there any way i can link cameras only on snaplink app

Thinking for Snaplink CCTV you would need to open the ports you are using for the camera. 

For RTSP it is multiple ports. 

Kind of loosey goosey...

1 - incoming TCP port 554
2 - multiple UDP ports (don't have these on hand right now).

I have done it once with VLC before while playing around.

pete_c said:
Thinking for Snaplink CCTV you would need to open the ports you are using for the camera. 

For RTSP it is multiple ports. 

Kind of loosey goosey...

1 - incoming TCP port 554
2 - multiple UDP ports (don't have these on hand right now).

I have done it once with VLC before while playing around.
Here is my one camera ports list
HTtp:80
Rtsp: 554
Https port: 443
Server port: 8000
Ftp :21

port type. External port
Http. 37267..

Now how i configure further

Well now you will need to google those multiple ports for you stuff on the firewall and create a profile for your camera(s).

I do not think that the OPII panel creates a reverse proxy for all of the cameras so you have to either utilize an NVR / software / hardware for creation of one set of rules for the NVR or do each one individually.

I do not open or even play these days with specific ports on my firewall here as I utilize VPN these days for my automation stuff.

pete_c said:
Well now you will need to google those multiple ports for you stuff on the firewall and create a profile for your camera(s).

I do not think that the OPII panel creates a reverse proxy for all of the cameras so you have to either utilize an NVR / software / hardware for creation of one set of rules for the NVR or do each one individually.

I do not open or even play these days with specific ports on my firewall here as I utilize VPN these days for my automation stuff.
hii i am still trying to work cameras on my snaplink.. i put same info as pc access software" same name, address, user and passowrd.. after save all info i see blank screen under camera section.. i m using local network..so i dont think i need any port to enter..same as my omni touch i m using url http://admin:[email protected]/streaming/channels/1/picture( not using any port)..even i called leviton tech they said it should workand also they are not very familier with ip cameras..

I am not familiar with Snaplink for Android.  I currently utilize Microsoft Mobile 8.1.

Try a quick (takes 5 minutes) configuration of ZoneMinder.

You can install it on an RPi2 today.  Use the video / mobile configurations from the software.

You can stream directly or customize your stream to your Android device via ZM.

hxxp://example.com/zm/index.php?skin=mobile

Back