Haiku Can I do this (switch to video of door upon doorbell) with Haiku or do I need Helper as well?

pgray007

I'd like to replace a keypad or two with an iPad running Haiku. Ideally, I'd like to implement the following use case:

When Doorbell is rung and closes a contact on the Omnipro, Haiku on iPad wakes iPad (if it's sleeping), and switches to a view for a camera showing the front door. I don't want to write a custom UI or do anything beyond the minimum to make this work.

If this isn't possible with "straight" Haiku, would Helper enable this scenario? Would I need to do any special UI work on the Haiku side?

On a related note, anyone doing anything really cool with an iPad "keypad"? I need to convince the wife that this is feasible/preferable. I'm currently imagining using the iPad with Haiku for alarm control/monitoring and video monitoring, sonos control (via sonos app), and digital picture frame, but looking for some more cool ideas.

Thanks!

Yes, Haiku can do this without needing HaikuHelper. You simply assign a button to a camera's popup button setting and then whenever your controller activates this button Haiku will popup the associated camera.

Haiku 4.0 will be an even nicer wall mount interface.

lupinglade said:
Yes, Haiku can do this without needing HaikuHelper. You simply assign a button to a camera's popup button setting and then whenever your controller activates this button Haiku will popup the associated camera.
Haiku 4.0 will be an even nicer wall mount interface.
I did something like that but I don't think haiku wakes up the iPad. Also, if haiku is not running when the doorbell rings it doesn't switch to the camera. I posted a request some time ago about having the macro working in the camera view so I can for instance trigger an oper door button.

This would be useful because for the switching problem I resolved with a program that keeps turning on the doorbell flag for 39 seconds after ringing, but it's not very effective since the camera keeps popping up for 39 seconds and I can't open the door while the camera is on.

It will turn on the display if wall mode and screensaver are enabled in Haikus settings (in the Settings app on your device). Haiku cannot auto launch, it must be left open.

Macro buttons on camera screens are planned for Haiku 4.

is there a way to give the popup button a max time and then it switches off?  the way I have it configured now, the camera launches when the doorbell is insecure but I have to manually "dismiss" it otherwise the image stays on the screen for several minutes.  I have tried to do some automation logic in the controller, but no such way to turn it off after a while.  is there any way to adjust this delay within haiku?

Any way the new haiku 4.0 will allow a camera splitscreen view when using the button method to trigger front door camera? It would be awesome if I can pull up both the front door and driveway camera on the screen when the doorbell is pushed.

Back