Can't Connect Via Droid to Elk M1 Anymore

BraveSirRobbin

I'm beside myself on this one!

I have an Elk M1 Gold with all the latest firmware except I didn't upgrade to the latest XEP (one less than the current firmware).

I was using myKeyPadPro for years and have not had a problem.

I'm now getting a 'socket closed' when trying to connect via the secured port.

I've checked DNS settings, ping to the M1, able to connect via RP with the XEP, reset my cable modem, tried connecting internally with hard IP (i.e. 192.168.1.xxx) with Droid on internal WiFi, wash, rinse, repeat.

I double checked my user settings, though none of that changed for years.

I even tried this with the ElkDroid with same result.

Any suggestions?  I'm at a complete loss.

I also tried creating a new user, resent the XEP settings from RP, verified "Access" was unchecked in the user settings, rebooted the android, uninstalled/reinstalled myKeyPadPro, and ensured elk rp was disconnected when trying to connect with the android

BraveSirRobbin said:
So, let me ask this.  MyKeyPad Pro does work on Android 5.0.1 right?  My phone did upgrade recently...

Not sure there... I am running Apple myself, but have a friend who is using myKeypad; I just confirmed with him that he is running 4.4.2.

Yea, I think that is it.  I downloaded the Elk app and it's sort of working (very buggy).  Oh well, another $40 dollars...

There are some reviews/comments on the myKeyPad Pro app download page that say it doesn't work with Lollipop.  And it looks like it isn't being supported any longer by the developer.  Sigh...

BraveSirRobbin said:
Yea, I think that is it.  I downloaded the Elk app and it's sort of working (very buggy).  Oh well, another $40 dollars...

By "the Elk app", are you referring to M1TouchPro here? Understand that Elk doesn't write any of the apps, but they have endorsed M1TouchPro (Android) and eKeypad (Apple).

Yes, M1 TouchPro I found referenced on the elk site.

I may be having XEP errors as now RP will not connect intermittently.

Problem with M1TouchPro is if it can't connect, it just freezes on this screen that you can't go back and change settings from.  I don't know how to get out of it without uninstalling,,  then it auto refunds your cost, which you then have to buy (again). 

Actually, once you update EVERYTHING to the latest and greatest firmware, and install a .net 4 component, plus install the latest RP software, this program seems to work well!

I set this up for my friend's system, so we will see how it works out but so far so good! :)

mykeypad is worthless on Android 5.0 + systems, and its developer is unresponsive.
I switched to M1 TouchPro and am very happy. The developer is very responsive. And it works fine on Android 5.0+.

+1  M1 Touch Pro.  I also have had good luck withM1 Touch Pro.  Excellent support as from what I have seen.  I also have IOS and use Ekeypad Pro and both have excellent support.

Yea, just in case people are searching this forum that are having the same problem:

Lollipop Android will not work with myKeyPad, myKeypadPro, or ElkDroid.  It seems the only choice when using the latest Android software for Elk control is the M1TouchPro.

If anyone else has information to clarify or correct this statement, please let me know! ;)

Just came across this thread while in researching HA/security systems. I'm considering Elk but I'm an Android user and I don't see myself ever going to the dark side so reliable Android access is a large factor in my decision.

This is a big investment and I'm a little reluctant to pull the trigger because I'm afraid of having to rely on a third party app for remote access. What happens if M1 Touch Pro isn't compatible with the Android M OS and the developer drops off the face of the planet like the developer of myKeypad did? 

Situation with HAI seems to be even worse. All they have is Snaplink which isn't very reliable according to the reviews.

Back