Can't seem to remove Omnistat thermostat from controller

delphimon

Hi all! I purchased a home that had an Omni LTe system already installed along with an Omnistat thermostat, along with a number of HLC switches. I replaced the thermostat with an Ecobee and I've been trying to remove the references to the previous thermostat from the system. I've loaded PCA, connected to the controller, and removed the references to the thermostat in the Thermostat section. I wrote to the controller and when I read back I can see it shows as Not Used. I don't see the thermostat when I look at the status tab while I'm connected anymore. However I still see the thermostat in Snaplink and it still shows up in OmniLinkBridge. I've of course reloaded the config in Snaplink, and I've restarted OmniLinkBridge, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to get the system to stop reporting a thermostat as configured. I've read both the Installation as well as Owners manuals for the LTe and I am pretty sure I'm doing this correctly, and I've figured out I think almost everything else about the system, but this one has got me stumped.

Thanks!
Andrew

I would have thought the reload/re-sync of the account under SnapLink would have removed it. If you create a second account in SnapLink to the controller does it pull in the thermostat?

Yeah, that's what I figured as well which is why it is so confusing. I both reloaded config in SnapLink as well as created a new entry for a controller and just put in same connection info, and it pulled in the thermostat. I was looking for the HAI SDK so I could do lower-level debugging but it doesn't seem to be available anymore and there isn't source for the HAI.Controller.dll that is included with OmniLinkBridge. Unfortunately I'm not physically at the house right now so can only access controller via PCA and network, not try programming directly on keypad, but I'm not sure why that would be any different.

OK, I figured it out. I had to completely clear the name from the thermostat settings. I thought I had, but I guess I had typed "TSTAT 1" instead. I deleted it and it autopopulated with "TSTAT 1", but when I wrote the new config (only thing I changed) back to the controller, it stopped reporting a thermostat. Verified this by loading OmniLinkBridge into my VS debugger and watching the messages - before this change it was in fact returning a named properties message for the thermostat. Afterwards it no longer sent the message.

Back