Carbon Monoxide trip

Hi,
For the past year, every 2 weeks to a month, I am experiencing Carbon Monoxide trips. Namely my Carbon Monoxide trips and stays tripped. The alarms are false as I have been on vacation and I have turned off everything in the household, yet the Carbon Monoxide alarm got tripped yet again. And the zone stayed open (13.9 Volts).
When I restart the system, the zone goes back to 7.3 Volts. 
The zone is configured as : 17 - Carbon Monoxide Type: 0- EOL Hardwire / Wireless. 
I have a couple of questions:
a) am I doing something wrong?
b) what may be the cause of this? 
c) is there a way to reset the zone without having to restart the Elk Panel? Is there a way to do this through the Elk Rules?
d) How can I get rid of this false alarm
Thanks!

A little more info would be helpful.

What model CO detector do you have?
Is it hardwired or wireless?
Is there infact an EOL resistor installed?

Hardwired. EOL resistor is installed. For 5 years I did not have a problem with them. Not seeing them sold anymore, they are squarish, like the GE ones. Most likely GE (or DSC or Honeywell).

CO alarms have a limited life. You say they are 5 years old. Some last 10 years but some only 5 or 6. They may be indicating this trouble, especially if they may not have been wired correctly. (Normally they indicate "trouble" not alarm.) Since you say nobody is in the house now, no rush, but you may want to think about replacing them when you return. Even if its another problem, usually its just best to replace them as their cost isn't high.

Expiration was what I was thinking as well.  I think some of mine are 6-7 years.

ano said:
CO alarms have a limited life. You say they are 5 years old. Some last 10 years but some only 5 or 6. They may be indicating this trouble, especially if they may not have been wired correctly. (Normally they indicate "trouble" not alarm.) Since you say nobody is in the house now, no rush, but you may want to think about replacing them when you return. Even if its another problem, usually its just best to replace them as their cost isn't high.

Dudu Georgescu said:
Hardwired. EOL resistor is installed. For 5 years I did not have a problem with them. Not seeing them sold anymore, they are squarish, like the GE ones. Most likely GE (or DSC or Honeywell).

There should be a sticker on them that lists a date; usually when it is time to replace it.  So when you get back you might want to take a look at the one that is giving you trouble.

Back