[CCTV Camera] HT 650

More pics.      Attached is the one I had outside for about a year.  Note the condition of the dome.   Originally purchased 4 of these (actually literally give aways).   The new camera dome is tinted but not opaque.  I wonder if I can purchase a glass dome for it.   This dome will be replacing current mailbox camera.  Installing it will take a few minutes only.  

It has a variable lens on it such that I will set it for wide angle and adjust it first indoors. 

I will most likely remove the IR illumination pieces as they were worthless.  It appears that the 12VDC to power the camera board gets there via the IR illumination board.  I guess then will leave it in place; install this new one in place and mod one of the other new ones such that I could just swap it and use both IP and analog pieces of it.

Noticed too that the Cantex box along with the lens was discolored.  It could have been the sun, sprinkler water or the sap from the evergreen tree it was sitting underneath.  I trimmed the trees last year and noticed that the sap wouldn't come off my skin nor gloves that I was wearing so I am guessing it was the sap that made the dome opaque.

Installed dome today.  Works but getting some noise.  I did have this before and its probably some grounding issue of the RG6 cabling.  It'll be better once I go to IP.  That said the dome will do much better than previously mounted camera.

Attachments

• HT650-4a.jpg
    HT650-4a.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 7
  • HT650-5.jpg
    HT650-5.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 2
  • ModToIP.jpg
    ModToIP.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 0
Attached are pics of the mailbox speco dome camera.  I might switch the RG-6 for a cat5e balun as sometimes this seems to eliminate the noise on the outdoor cams.

Moving ahead with the conversion process ordered an IP camera board this morning.  The board actually looks like the Grandstream board in the Grandstream GXV3672HD IP camera.  It also has the Grandstream OS and a 3.6 mm lens on it.

There are four pinouts on the board for IR illumination on the camera board.  (night day sensor and 12VDC + and -).  Will rig up the current IR illumination board connecting it to the new IP board.

Attachments

• MB-1.jpg
    MB-1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 11
  • MB-2.jpg
    MB-2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 11
  • MB-3.jpg
    MB-3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 6
  • ModToIP-1.jpg
    ModToIP-1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 7
This is now become a bit of a DIY modification of a Speco IP67 HT 650 Dome analog camera to one with a Grandstream IP HD board combo mini stacked IP / Camera board replacing the Speco 4mm lens camera board.

Will take pics of the the Speco take apart, modification and installation of the Grandstream camera board.

Took apart the Speco HT 650 last night. (another one still in the box)  The main camera board is a 38mm square board. I could probably leave the board in place and connect it to the Grandstream IP board.  (they are all stock connections with the same pinouts) - new camera board though uses a small ZIF cable between boards.

That said the Grandstream based OS HD board is double stacked with the camera board at 38mm and the IP board at 51mm wide. (assumption - a little bit of a plastic mod but easy fit).  Description calls it a indoor camera.

The lens that comes with it a 3.6mm lens which will do just fine.  The two boards/UV shutter look identical to the Grandstream GXV3672HD.

The four pin plug on the IP HD camera board for the IR "appears" to be the same as the one on the Speco camera board and most likely I will be able to utilize same small plugs and cables.  (experiment will be using both analog and HD video from said board / camera).

Changing the power source though from current 12VDC (which does other stuff today in the mailbox) to a 48V POE connection with a voltage splitter providing another 12VDC source (just for the camera). (using an unused Cat5e connection run a few years back).

Attached is a picture of the Speco dome camera disassembled.  Replacing the single camera board with a "double" stacked cameraboard and IP board.  Cabling out will be similiar with the network interface as the add.  (12VDC, Analog video and IP port).
Using a 3.6mm camera board (38mm X38mm) and over it will be the IP board (51mm wide).

Specifications to camera board are as follows:

- 1/3" 1.2MP CMOS Sensor (Aptina MT9M034)
- TI DaVinci DM365 DPS
- Resolution:1280 x 960@25 fps/1280 x 720@30fps
- Built-in Dual Filter Switch IR-Cut System
- Built-in WEB SERVER, Support IE browsing and parameter Settings
- Free Video Surveillance System (For PC)
- H.264 video encoding, h264 format (Can be converted to AVI)
- Dual video stream transmission
- Support 554 RTSP
- Support the motion detection (smtp with jpg)
- DC 12V Power input
- Support Blue Iris video software (Brand: Grandstream)
- Support Synology NAS surveillance (Brand: Grandstream)

Attachments

• ModtoIP-Pic-1.jpg
    ModtoIP-Pic-1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1
Back