[CES] 2006 Exclusive Update

johnnynine said:
I also have the 880. It does feel unnatural to hold the remote at the entertainment center until all the IR signals have been send, which in some cases can take 5 seconds, maybe more.

Hopefully they fixed the cradle contact issues of the 880 too. I can't tell you how many times I've put it in the cradle to found out the next day that it didn't charge.

The 880's buttons are also a little flemsy and it doesn't respond as quickly as an OEM remote (even after tedious trial and error modifications). In any case I hope th 890 has addressed some of these issues.

B) and no Insteon support.

Has anyone seen any kind of upgrade prices from the 880 to 890? Seems unlikely but I have to ask.

Johnny
I agree on the directional, I often hit 'Media Center' and put it on the coffee table while it does its thing.

On the cradle contact, if you upload photos to the remote (it uses them like a screensaver or you can select them) when you put it on the cradle and it links, you should see the photo. It is how I can tell if it connected properly or not (as I know exactly what you mean), if the photo's come up, I know its good.

I hadn't noticed the flimsy or responsiveness issues you mentioned.

I too would love an upgrade, but I think you are right on it being unlikely.

Back