CES Exclusive Update

BraveSirRobbin

GE Advent had some displays of their control systems with some very cool touch pad demos.

Attachments

• GE_Advent.JPG
    GE_Advent.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 17
Xantech had some nice audio/video switching systems with LCD touchpad control/selection screens.

Attachments

• XantechLCDs.JPG
    XantechLCDs.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 18
Weatherhawk had their weather station and software displayed. I beleive this system was around $1700 (expensive).

Attachments

• WeatherHawk.JPG
    WeatherHawk.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 18
"Ear Buds" made these portable headphones which seals out external noise from your ear. They sounded great, but were also around $130.

Attachments

• EarBuds.JPG
    EarBuds.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 18
Starband.net is a satellite internet service and is offering 500K bandwidth for around $49 per month. You have to buy the satellite and equipment which goes for around $300 (used), but if you live where no cable or DSL service is available this probably isn't to bad deal.

Attachments

• Starbaand.JPG
    Starbaand.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 17
Speaking of satellites, Tracvision is offering a satellite TV system for your car!

Attachments

• Tracvision.JPG
    Tracvision.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 18
I don't have cable or anything like that here and I'd be more than willing to pay $49 for that.

I don't have cable or anything like that here and I'd be more than willing to pay $49 for that.

Just remember you have to purchase the equipment also. The Starband people said it can run around $300 for used.

I can mail you a couple of brochures I picked up if you would like some more info on them.

Yeah, I could save up for the purchase fee. The monthly thing wouldn't be a problem if I was able to get it.

Do they have a website or anything?

Back