Haiku Clearing a Fire Alarm

sdl5e

This may be more of an Omni question than a Haiku question, but If I clear a fire alarm remotely via Haiku and there is still smoke causing the fire alarm will the fire alarm activate again or is there a timeout that prevents it from re-activating for a certain timeframe.

I believe the Omni will keep trippIng as long as the smokes are tripped. I used too much smoke on a head before and it tripped on and off for a period of 5 minutes or so.

The scenario was that my fire alarm went off when I wasnt home. Received a notification on my phone. I checked my cameras in the house and everything looked ok. Cleared the alarm with Haiku via entering code. Alarm company called and I told them to cancel fire dept response.

Just still curious if there actually had been smoke that I didnt see on my cameras (they dont cover every area), would the alarm have gone off again and would I be notified via Haiku.

Yes, that's what would have happened.

When you disarm the panel via a code, the Omni kills the power to all the smoke detectors for a second to reset them... then powers them back on.

If the smoke alarm trips again, if you have verify smoke alarms set in the configuration, it will even kill the power again to re-reset one more time.

If the smoke is still there, the detector will trip again, and the panel will go off again, and you will get a notification again.

neillt said:
When you disarm the panel via a code, the Omni kills the power to all the smoke detectors for a second to reset them... then powers them back on.
Actually that isn't completely true.  When the arm is deactivated, the smoke detectors are not deactivated, so you can walk around the house and see which detector tripped. Some have an LED that tells you they are tripped, so the tripped detector LED should be flashing.  When you activate the OPII, that is when the smoke detectors are reset.

Back