Control ISY99 scene from Elk M1 Keypad

jlokanis

I realize this is probably simple and likely been asked before but I was unable to find the answer after searching the interwebs for over an hour.

I want to control an ISY99 scene from the Elk M1 function keys on my keypads.  I have 3 keypads (one ELK-M1KP and 2 ELK-M1KP2).  I want to program one of the function keys to turn all lights on and one to turn all lights off via the ISY.  I want all the keypads to have this functionality.

Eventually, I plan to do more sophisticated things but if I can sort this out, I am sure I can figure out the rest.

I do have the Elk module for my ISY and have successfully created some rules for the ISY to trigger on ELK events like motion sensors and arm/disarm events.

thanks for your help.

-John

Thanks for the tutorial.  I see you are using the rule to turn on the lights.  Can the rule turn on a scene in the ISY instead or do I need to have the Elk turn the lights on directly?

You need to export your lighting config from your ISY and import it into your Elk. I only import the scenes and not individual devices. This establishes an association between the Elk and ISY addresses. The rule in the Elk is turning on the corresponding scene in the ISY. This was the only way to accomplish this before UDI released the Elk add on module to the ISY, which still works. I'm not sure if the Elk module provides a new way to accomplish the same function.

UPDATE. With the new Elk module in the ISY you can create a program that when a function key is pressed you can turn on/off a scene. The way I showed you was the old school method before the release of the Elk module for the ISY.

Back