Cooper Z-Wave dimmer with VRCOP , Lumina/Omni

cobra

I see some discussions about the Cooper Z-Wave dimmers and it seems like they are working well for others.  I just picked up a RF9540-N type dimmer and hooked it up.  It works for local control, sending status to the Lumina panel correctly.  I can send ON commands successfully as well, however, but the PC Access software and Haiku show the status as OFF after the command is sent for ON.

Anyone else seen this?  I think I have an association setup and working, as using the switch locally sends proper status to Omni and it reports it the way I would expect (including dim status.)

But when I have the Lumina send the command for ON, the device goes ON, but then almost immediately the status shows as OFF on the Lumina.

Does anyone have the Coopers working properly with commanded status?

Thanks in advance.

It looks to me like this particular switch has a bug in the instant status update.  It seems to send a status of off shortly after being given a command to turn on.  Giving it a status request a few seconds later returns the correct status.  I only have one of these switches so far, so can't tell if it's just this one or a common problem.

I picked up a couple more of these and they have the same behavior.  But the look and the price are good, so they're workable...

I'm in USA and they are available on Amazon for a nice price right now (~$45).  Everyone else seems to have them closer to $75 and on up.  I think they are a pretty good deal at the lower price.  I've been using all UPB prior to these, but don't like the look of the UPB switches that are available in dimmer as well as the Coopers.

Back