Cortexa Technology Pumps Up the Volume

electron

Administrator
Staff member
AUSTIN, TX ­– February 14, 2006 – Imagine listening to your favorite songs from your iTunes playlist in any room in your home, or waking up to the morning news playing on your favorite radio station while you sip your coffee in your kitchen without having to turn on the radio. Whole home audio is the most popular “must-have†when considering a home entertainment system. Now, whole home audio can be easily linked to other automated systems in your home at a most affordable price.

Cortexa Technology today announced the availability of two key elements of any premium home audio system – integration with NuVo Technologies’ flagship home audio systems and plug-in to the popular Apples iTunes music management software. The combination of these best-of-breed features to the Cortexa home automation system creates a robust, dependable, premier audio system at a fraction of the cost to consumers. In addition, the audio enhancements are simply integrated with other automated systems in the home like lighting, security and irrigation, making this premier solution incredibly affordable for the average homeowner.

Read the rest of this press release

“Distributed audio is one of the most popular features that homeowners want as part of their home automation systems,†said Billy Martin, chief executive officer, Cortexa Technology. “Cortexa continues to find ways to deliver the easiest to use, most affordable solution to consumers, without compromising quality. These two exciting enhancements to our audio capability do just that.â€

The first product enhancement is integration with NuVo Technologies, an innovator in the engineering, manufacturing, and distribution of high-quality audio distribution systems. NuVo’s Concerto and Essentia products give homeowners control and customization of their music choices throughout the home and are now fully integrated to the Cortexa 7201 Controller and the Cortexa View 1201 touchscreen. Homeowners can now have access to the rich sound quality of the NuVo system along with the other technology installed in their home through Cortexa.

The second exciting enhancement is Cortexa’s ability to connect to iTunes, the popular music jukebox, from any PC on the network. All iTunes playlists and songs are immediately available to select and play through the Cortexa home automation system without the expense of any additional docking hardware or an iPod. The Cortexa system acts as the primary source of the music, allowing homeowners to stream songs to any room in the house from any PC, simply with the touch of screen, use of the remote or through the web.

The iTunes functionality can be installed directly to the Cortexa 7201 Controller from the Internet and is a free upgrade for existing customers. Once installed, iTunes music libraries on the network are automatically detected and playlists and songs are easily navigated and ready to play through Cortexa’s easy-to-use interface.

“Home automation enthusiasts and newcomers want simple solutions for enjoying music and audio throughout the home,†said Billy Martin, chief executive officer, Cortexa Technology. “We’re making it happen for them at an incredible affordable price.â€

The Cortexa Controller “brain†links home audio to daily events, such as waking up to a favorite radio station already playing in the kitchen or bathroom, or automatically turning all audio zones off at bedtime. The Cortexa brain also allows multiple users in a single household listen to music from different iTunes libraries in various rooms.

About Cortexa Technology, Inc.

Based in Austin, Texas, Cortexa Technology Inc. is a privately held company that develops and markets home automation systems to bring increased functionality and efficiency to all homes with an emphasis on mid-market homes. The Cortexa product is engineered from the ground up and includes both the software and solid state hardware. The company’s founders are passionate about providing home automation for all and, during development of the product, focused on affordability, dependability and usability. To find out more about Cortexa Technology, visit www.cortexatechnology.com.

# # #

Alicia Quinn

QuinnSankar Public Relations

PH: 512.394-1275

Cell: 512.657-6733

electron said:
. . . or waking up to the morning news playing on your favorite radio station while you sip your coffee . . .
Nope. I can't imagine waking up sipping coffee unless I went to bed sipping coffee.

Does this mean that media with DRM protection from the iTunes store could also be distributed? If so are there limitations on the number of streams? If not this might be a really great additional feature. (Comment made in haste has been removed)

The Cortexa works just like a Roku. The Cortexa has both nice iTunes interface seen from the Cortexa web server, Mobile Tablet, Pocket PC, and in-wall touch screen.
When combined with NUVO, the Cortexa can send the song information to the NUVO keypads, giving you full iTunes control from each room.

Here are some screen shots of both the iTunes Interface.
iTunes viewing connected computers.
iTunes viewing avaliable list.
iTunes viewing genre list.
iTunes viewing song list.

Here is a screen shot of the NUVO interface.
NUVO Interface.

Thanks
Joe Doran

ssmiller I am not sure where you are referencing your price, but our Cortexa is half the price of what an HAI OMNI Pro + Computer + Web Link + Network Router + Video mini DVR etc..., and this is end user price.

Before you compare pricing of the Cortexa or make comints, please make sure you know that facts, and compare functionality and what you get.

Thanks
JBDWW

It says that it uses Itunes, it didn't say that it will play music purchased thru Itunes. This is a limitation of any distributed music system. Unless Cortexa got licensing from Apple, I doubt that it will play music purchased thru Itunes , or napster or any other DRM purchased music service.

ssmiller I am not sure where you are referencing your price, but our Cortexa is half the price of what an HAI OMNI Pro + Computer + Web Link + Network Router + Video mini DVR etc..., and this is end user price.

Before you compare pricing of the Cortexa or make comints, please make sure you know that facts, and compare functionality and what you get.

Sorry to offend.

I actually had intended to remove that remark. When I first came to that opinion, I had looked at the Cortexa web site. There were two typical systems listed on the site here. In my haste, I incorrectly assumed that the prices listed were for the Cortexa 7201 controller. After further research, I realized my error and came back to edit my comment. In fact, I was unable to find any specific pricing information. I look forward to seeing more on this exciting system.

If I mislead anyone I am truely sorry, I will be more careful in the future.

TCassio Said:

It says that it uses Itunes, it didn't say that it will play music purchased thru Itunes. This is a limitation of any distributed music system.

I understand the limitation of the DRM and this is why I asked the question. Since JBDWW said it is like the Roku, I guess you are correct.

Back