CRC error on ADS

sgtbean

Received my ADS anemometer yesterday and started setting it up today (I knew I shouldn't have done that right after a night shift...)
When I connected the 14v supply to the screw terminals on the controller board, I accidentally switched the polarity... I found out soon enough from the smell that something wasn't right and disconnected the power immediately and inspected the board for visual damage. I could see none.

Tried connecting the anemometer using the DS9490 adapter and opened OneWireViewer to check if it works. Now, I get two sensors listed: one DS1990A (I presume this is the wind vane) and one DS2423.
But when I click the Memory Tab on the DS2423, and then select "Memory with externally triggered counter" I get this:
com.dalsemi.onewire.adapter.OneWireIOException: Invalid CRC16 read from device

When I connect my lightning detector and select the same tab, I get the readings just fine.

So does this mean I killed my controller board?

Sounds like you might have. Don't know if you are handy with a soldering iron but it is probably just the voltage regulators. Maybe other parts but it would be hard to tell without replacing the voltage regulators first.

The DS1990A is the chip inside the USB adapter.

Eric

Back