Created a Voice Recognition app, anyone want to help?

killervette

So I have some minimal experience with Visual Studio and VB.net. I have started creating a voice recognition app. I want it to be a home controlling app. It currently can poll data from my Davis Weather Station. I can ask "What is the temperature outside?" or "Tell me the temperature outside." and it responds with a random phrase with the temperature data. When I say random phrase, I mean I have an array of responses to make it more human like and less robotic/repetitive.

It can also interface with my ISY-99i and turn lights on and off. Other simple tasks are what time is it and "what does the word xxxxx mean?" It connects to dictionary.com's API to get the definition of a word.

My end goal is a home assistant for adding meetings to a calendar, controlling thermostat, lighting, security, radio, television schedules, and other tasks. My question is, is there anyone out there that would like to collaborate on the project? I have a lot to learn on the speech api and my programming logic. If you are interested or have any questions, let me know.

My results so far: It works great with a bluetooth earpiece for cell phones. I have tried whole room microphones, with less success. I feel that I could get the mics calibrated better, it may work.

I dont want money for this, nor will I ever charge money for it. I am an advocate for open source and teamwork. let me know.

So I have some minimal experience with Visual Studio and VB.net. I have started creating a voice recognition app. I want it to be a home controlling app. It currently can poll data from my Davis Weather Station. I can ask "What is the temperature outside?" or "Tell me the temperature outside." and it responds with a random phrase with the temperature data. When I say random phrase, I mean I have an array of responses to make it more human like and less robotic/repetitive.

It can also interface with my ISY-99i and turn lights on and off. Other simple tasks are what time is it and "what does the word xxxxx mean?" It connects to dictionary.com's API to get the definition of a word.

My end goal is a home assistant for adding meetings to a calendar, controlling thermostat, lighting, security, radio, television schedules, and other tasks. My question is, is there anyone out there that would like to collaborate on the project? I have a lot to learn on the speech api and my programming logic. If you are interested or have any questions, let me know.

My results so far: It works great with a bluetooth earpiece for cell phones. I have tried whole room microphones, with less success. I feel that I could get the mics calibrated better, it may work.

I dont want money for this, nor will I ever charge money for it. I am an advocate for open source and teamwork. let me know.

OpenSourceAutomation.com was started to open the Windows .NET HA options up. We do many of the same things and would like some of the features we do not have yet. I have not gotten to my iSY99 yet, for example. We have a full API making it easy to code against. We are only 2 programmers now, and would love more to join. If not, our source is published to help others make drivers for their systems. So check it out either way.

I made vCrib and worked on it for 3 years. I decided to start from scratch and make a much better framework. I am still learning, but this is an easy system to work with, at least for the developers, we have only released our 1st beta so it does not have any end user polish at all... Your work on VR and other subsystems could be in people's hands on Jan 31st...

ponder, and hope to hear from you.

Vaughn
www.OpenSourceAutomation.com

BTW, Watch my Magic Box Demo at: http://www.youtube.com/ver0776

It shows my old VR/TTS system which supported multiple personalities and random responses. Our new system is still getting some of the SAPI features put in, but already has Multiple Speech Pattern to Multiple Responses functioning well. (I plug Coccontech at the end of the video, so I will plug my video all i want! =P

OpenSourceAutomation.com was started to open the Windows .NET HA options up. We do many of the same things and would like some of the features we do not have yet. I have not gotten to my iSY99 yet, for example. We have a full API making it easy to code against. We are only 2 programmers now, and would love more to join. If not, our source is published to help others make drivers for their systems. So check it out either way.

I made vCrib and worked on it for 3 years. I decided to start from scratch and make a much better framework. I am still learning, but this is an easy system to work with, at least for the developers, we have only released our 1st beta so it does not have any end user polish at all... Your work on VR and other subsystems could be in people's hands on Jan 31st...

ponder, and hope to hear from you.

Vaughn
www.OpenSourceAutomation.com

BTW, Watch my Magic Box Demo at: http://www.youtube.com/ver0776

It shows my old VR/TTS system which supported multiple personalities and random responses. Our new system is still getting some of the SAPI features put in, but already has Multiple Speech Pattern to Multiple Responses functioning well. (I plug Coccontech at the end of the video, so I will plug my video all i want! =P

Downloading it now to check out. I will say I am less familiar with c#. thanks

Vaughn,

Has anyone tried OSA against Mono on Linux (or Windows Mono for that matter)? Since you're just starting out it would nice to build it against the mono framework instead of MS so it could work on other platforms as well as Windows. Is the download available in anything other than a .exe? If I could get the source I'd give it a try against mono 2.8.2 on Mac and Linux. Mono 2.8.2 is basically .net framework v3 for the most part with a few v3.5 features here and there.

Terry

Vaughn,

Has anyone tried OSA against Mono on Linux (or Windows Mono for that matter)? Since you're just starting out it would nice to build it against the mono framework instead of MS so it could work on other platforms as well as Windows. Is the download available in anything other than a .exe? If I could get the source I'd give it a try against mono 2.8.2 on Mac and Linux. Mono 2.8.2 is basically .net framework v3 for the most part with a few v3.5 features here and there.

Terry

Hi Terry. I am the other developer who started OSA. The source is hosted at http://code.google.com/p/osae/ Feel free to grab it and try to run it on mono. It would be nice to hear how it goes.

Back