Direct Connection HAI to Uplink without RJ31X

I'm using an Uplink 2930 Cellular Communicator as the primary for alarm reporting. I don't have any POTS phones in my house, so I wanted to eliminate the RJ31X and wire the Uplink directly to the HAI Omni IIe.

So I connected the GREEN/RED terminals on the HAI to the 2 phone leads from the Uplink and it dials without issue. However, the HAI reports a "Phone Line Trouble Now" error message every hour.

Any ideas why?

If the Uplink 2930 doesn't provide the 48 Volts DC that the phone company provides, I think the Omni considers it "dead". You can try reversing the Red/Green leads to see if it clears it.

One way to eliminate the check is to set the "Dead Line Detect" parameter to 0. If you are using the keypad, go to Setup > Installer > Misc. But keep in mind that you won't get the supervision of the phone line anymore, so unless it's monitored with a regular dial-out you won't know that the cell connection isn't working anymore.

If the Uplink 2930 doesn't provide the 48 Volts DC that the phone company provides, I think the Omni considers it "dead". You can try reversing the Red/Green leads to see if it clears it.

One way to eliminate the check is to set the "Dead Line Detect" parameter to 0. If you are using the keypad, go to Setup > Installer > Misc. But keep in mind that you won't get the supervision of the phone line anymore, so unless it's monitored with a regular dial-out you won't know that the cell connection isn't working anymore.

Thanks for your help! I wouldn't have known where to start otherwise. It looks like the detection threshold can be changed. 8 is the default, 15 is the max, and 0 is disabled. I changed it from 8 to 4 and will adjust from there to find the appropriate threshold.

Back