DJK New Construction

I have some exposure to the industrial side of things, and I can tell you the possibilities are endless with DIN accessories. You could really do an entire HA project with just DIN components, including the controller, if you're the roll-your-own type.

Stranded wire spring connections are the most common for terminal blocks: you'll find these for any guage needed in HA. The connection density can be much better than the European strips, but alas more expensive.

PS - very nice equipment closet, I wish I had that much room to work with.

'Slip

slip,

Where do you get them from? I haven't seen any smaller then the 5mm wide 26-14awg are there smaller ones? roll on your own you mean custom built ladder logic in a PLC for unlimited automation possibilities. I am actually designing a PLC (direct logic 205 i think) & Touchscreen HMI (either EZ Automation or Redlion) to control my waste oil boiler and hydronic pumps and mixing values in my shop. (later my pool, hottub and sprinkler system). I hope to interface it to my ELK M1G somehow.

I will try to take some pics of my 3 level din rail terminators for you ASAP but the temp has dropped from ~0 to -40 in the last few days.

Hey DJK can we get an update? Hows the project coming?

Sorry, I've been remiss in keeping this updated.

Elk M1 is connected to the aprilaire thermostats and the clipsal lighting system and is doing a GREAT job. Nuvo sound system is awesome and I'm eagerly awaiting the update to the Elk to be able to control it as well. I'm running the Ekeypad Pro software on the iphone which is also working great.

Last week, my wife and I were leaving town and forgot to turn down the thermostat, so she did it by clicking the vacation "light", which sets the thermostats back and holds them back.

So, I'll try to get some updated pictures of the rack and cabinets.

Next for me is trimming out the surveilence system (16 analog or IP cameras). Anybody know a good resource for that?

I'm finally getting to trim out after 2 years!

The Aprilaire thermostats are interfaced to the Elk M1G and working great.
Smokes and reversing circuit in and working.
I also have the Clipsal lights tied into the ElkBack_of_rack.JPG with the C-bus interface, which is also working great.
Nuvo Grand Concerto is operational and I'm waiting on the eKeyPad Pro update for audio control (hint to Jayson)!

Currently working on punching down the cat5/cat6 wires which are in a swing out, wall mounted rack. I highly recommend the ability to punch down while the patch panel is in the rack.
After that, I'm going to roll out a HDMI matrix switch, then surveillance.

I'm guessing that in 2-3 months, it'll all be done with finishing off the closet.

Attachments

• Elk_can.JPG
    Elk_can.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 211
Back